Zip install and UMod Maps, please help.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Mulch_D

Noxious Weed
Mar 9, 2003
Melborne, Australia.
mulchd.net
Well I recently formated my comp and I have just installed JB with the zip install, but when I went to install my Map packs (that are UMods) I couldn't because it complained that I don't have JB. How do I fix this?
I've done it befor, I know it has something to do with editing a file in the system/ directory (UnrealTournament.ini I think) but I can't rember what to add. I've looked in as many places as I thought logical (but it is 2:00 am so I easily could have missed it).
Please get back ASAP, thanx.

Last edited:

Alhanalem

Teammember on UT3JB Bangaa Bishop
Feb 21, 2002
Ivalice
next time use the umod. ;)

and yes, manifest.ini is where information about installed components goes. if you used the zip install that information was never put in.

Last edited:

Mulch_D

Noxious Weed
Mar 9, 2003
Melborne, Australia.
mulchd.net
SirTahngarth said:
next time use the umod. ;)
I would, but the zip was smaller and I'm still on dial up :(

CoolDude said:
(A screenshot could help sometimes)
Sorry, I have attached a screen shot (even though it's working now)

TheSpoonDog said:
In your manifest.ini, put in the following somewhere:

Code:
[Jailbreak III]
Version=320
Caption=Jailbreak III

:)
Thanx alot, that fixed it :D:):D:):D:):D

Attachments

• Error.gif
    Error.gif
    40.3 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:

Alhanalem

Teammember on UT3JB Bangaa Bishop
Feb 21, 2002
Ivalice
I would, but the zip was smaller and I'm still on dial up

the umod version should be insubsantially larger (like ~20 KBish?- a umod is just a little but of data for the set up program followed by all the files included. it compresses exactly like a zip except for that bit of stuff at the beginning. the ability to easily remove stuff and not having the above problem are well worth the extra 5 seconds.