1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Yurch's mutator on AFA server 2...

Discussion in 'General Infiltration Discussion' started by R-Force, Sep 28, 2001.

1. R-Force

R-Force (IF)

They have a big load of maps running right now, some are small, other quite big (EP is in too). Well, i guess they should take out a few maps, they should stick to medium to large ones ;).

St0rmcaller is the guy to ask ;).

2. Profe

Profe Posts: 918,731

/me thinks so too.
    The fist time I thought it was a bug, I kept trying to sprint and nothing.

3. R-Force

R-Force (IF)

It's not that bad... But as Yurch said before, he can't do it the other way right now (he did but it doesn't work with the current online code).

4. yurch

yurch Swinging the clue-by-four

no, I just can't get it to work :p
    Ill mess with it when I get a chance. But I gotta set time aside. Probobly tuesday.

5. <P^R>Imperial

<P^R>Imperial Bleh

AFA is my new favorite server. Not only does it beat out MUF in ping but the people and quality of teamwork is much better! and with RA what more could you ask of a server :) Now all I hope is that they have Remagen (sp?) cause that map would rock with RA

6. -GAT-Apoculos

-GAT-Apoculos New Member

I like the RA mutator (this comeing from a known runner and gunner heh), but I still say the stanima sprint shouldnt be so harsh. It should either decrease a little bit slower, or increase when ur not sprinting somewhat faster :). If you think about it... sprinting for 30 seconds would not make you so tired so that you cant sprint again for 1 or 2 minutes hehe.

7. R-Force

R-Force (IF)

Basically, yurch just fixed the sprint stamina drain and cut on the maximum stamina... Give more stamina to players and players would start to run again all over the place, killing the new ballance and teamwork... It is a small price to pay to get a good gameplay...

8. The_Fur

The_Fur Back in black

have you ever sprinted all out for 30 seconds? I'm talking mad monkey speed give it all you got sprinting. Try it and then claim you can keep going for another 2 minutes. If you can you didn't give it your all.

9. R-Force

R-Force (IF)

No matter how fit they are, real soldiers don't run all over the place, they try not to exaust themselves so they can fight better and have enough stamina to escape if things go really wrong... After a run you may not always be tired, but your aim and reflexes suffers...

10. -GAT-Apoculos

-GAT-Apoculos New Member

Fur first of all I am not nearly as in shape as these guys should be :). Secondly I think I could do it even if I am not in shape if I was in the middle of a war. Its called Adrenalin(ya I know horrible spelling lol).

"have you ever sprinted all out for 30 seconds? I'm talking mad monkey speed give it all you got sprinting. Try it and then claim you can keep going for another 2 minutes. If you can you didn't give it your all."

I meant sprint for 30 secs and yes you should be tired, but it shouldnt be another 2 minutes before ur able to sprint those 30 secs again :).

11. Chow Yun-Fat

Chow Yun-Fat W3RD UP

I did the coolest thing last night in Kosovo day. I went up into the bell tower for a few rounds (sniper, belltower, how cliche right?). My first target was in a window of a building across the water. I'd fire and he'd move and i'd miss him. I emptied a clip and he dodged my bullets everytime and i think he eventually noticed the bullet holes growing in numbers around him. The next round I saw a guy run into a building across the water and i tracked him in and out of the building for a bit. Then he decided to run out into the open, so i trained my crosshair a few meters in front of him and let fly. I nailed the poor bastard right in the chest and watched him drop. It was so much more satisfying than regular sniping in INF where the bullets magically head to and hit their targets with little effort or correction. It was the best thing, ever! Thanks Yurch! RA mutie works for me!:D

12. NotBillMurray

NotBillMurray It's Suntory Time!

Let me say that this Mutator really revitalizes the game for me. Seeing someone snipe me on Trenches means they are a really good sniper. The speed of the game feels perfect, as there is only sprinting for movement purposes and rarely for combat. I only hope that 2.87 incorporates this exactly, because it feels perfect.

13. the vrrc

the vrrc noexistant user

Sounds cool. Too bad I don't play online.

14. R-Force

R-Force (IF)

My best game on AFA server 2...

It was yesterday, on the Siberia map. 4 against me. And i managed to win most of the rounds. And no, i did not speed strafe my way in the level, i just stalked my foes, killing them one by one, usually when they were looking the other way. It was a feat in itself, i would never been able to pull that off on any other servers.

I really like to stalk, and AFA server 2 is the place for that ;).

15. NotBillMurray

NotBillMurray It's Suntory Time!

Haha, R-Force. I'm just glad I got you a few times.

Vrrc, why not use the mutator offline. It will make taking out those bots even more rewarding.

16. yurch

yurch Swinging the clue-by-four

For those who think stanima drains too fast, try jog. It will take you just about all the way around EP.
    The sprint now is a holy-crap-im-gonna-die sprint.

17. Prowler

Prowler "Building Better Worlds"

Infiltration seems to only have two modes, jog and sprint, where is walk?

18. The_Fur

The_Fur Back in black

you start with walk standard.

19. R-Force

R-Force (IF)

Use the hold down button instead of the toggle button. If you use the toggle run button, the jog/sprint/walk will be bugged... Something they will have to fix in 2.87...

20. Profe

Profe Posts: 918,731

I also hope they fix the grenade aiming...:eek:
    apologies to chow..