1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Yurch's mutator on AFA server 2...

Discussion in 'General Infiltration Discussion' started by R-Force, Sep 28, 2001.

1. R-Force

R-Force (IF)

For thoses still not aware of this, Yurch's mutator Real Aim run on the AFA server 2. If you want some tactical gameplay, this is the place.

Advice to thoses who wish to try it : don't expect to run very fast or use scope on the run. Also you will tire a lot faster if you run for too long, and you might get a few bullets if you wander in the open. So if you want to survive, seek cover, listen, move slowly and carfully, run only when appropriate (you can jog all you want, just don't expect to be silent).

:Edit

The server run pretty large maps, and some need to be downloaded separatly (not yet in a pack), but they are all pretty good. Scopes don't rule thoses map with the RA mutator, they are a bit harder to use so you can still do well without a scope... Ping don't matter as much since the movement is much slower, you can lead a moving target quite easily...

Last edited: Sep 28, 2001
  2. NotBillMurray

NotBillMurray It's Suntory Time!

R-Force : :tup:

Yurch :tup::tup:

3. TheViper

TheViper Beta Busta

Tried it out the other night on Yurch's Cave. Nice step toward better realism.

4. Keganator

Keganator White as Snow Moderator

This server RoX0rz! :D Thanks AFA!

5. TheNut

TheNut blah

Yes... The Yurch Revolution grows....
    bwhahahaha

6. poaw

poaw You used to sleep easy at night.

I like it.

7. BlAcK_PlAgUe22

BlAcK_PlAgUe22 I ooze.

I liked it, when i wasnt lagging :(

poaw can explain :p

8. BrownyMan

BrownyMan Poet, Gentleman, Infiltrator?

Even though I had one hell of a night sniping, I still prefer the original, but it is and interesting mutator

9. R-Force

R-Force (IF)

Why Brownyman? The game is a lot more fun that way, i never been good at run a gun so... Players actually use cover, attempt to sneak and find it a lot easier to teamwork: i even seen players cover others while they advance...

So far i see no reason to go back to the normal game until they implement the same features in the nomal game...

10. [121st]Calvin

[121st]Calvin You will die, sooner or later

Perhaps Gamblexx will install it, too!

/me agrees to his previous speakers ...

11. yurch

yurch Swinging the clue-by-four

EP is the absolute greatest map for this mutator. I got pinned by sniper fire, had crawling firefights, and even pegged a guy with an m203 at 300m.
    I should start working on the next version... but I am having too much fun playing. :D

12. DeadEyeNick

DeadEyeNick New Member

Of course. It's EP. :)

13. yurch

Its even like that in flagstaff :p

14. Kuroshio Apocal

Kuroshio Apocal Sucka Free

300m kills with a M203 on Flagstaff? And what did you say were in those cookies again?

15. -GAT-Apoculos

-GAT-Apoculos New Member

I like the mutator, but I think sprinting shouldn't drain your stanima quite as fast :). Nice job yurch.

16. yurch

Believe it or not, the stanima drains slower than it did in an earlier version.
    Eat that :p

17. R-Force

R-Force (IF)

Who actually runs out of stamina in normal INF? Unless you jump a lot, you never do... With RA, you have to pace yourself and save some stamina to when it is the most needed... This also make players more careful and less run happy...

Hey Yurch, did you work on the gun waving (between your games)?

I wish you could do something about ironsights (like making the models of the guns closer to the player so we could ACTUALLY see what we aim at) and replace all the conefire (in running and hipshooting) by a more agressive recoil to control (more realistic)...

18. MadWoffen

MadWoffen Soon! ©

Put the server on my Favorites folder. Despite the distance, I get an excellent ping.
    Nice mute, nice server.

19. Profe

Profe Posts: 918,731

Man that server is great.
    I actually saw team work:eek:, oh I love how the people were actually moving together, it looked so much better than the whack running like hell stuff that you see on other servers.
    This is the most fun ive had on onfiltration online.:)

20. MoNDoGuY

MoNDoGuY Groin grabbingly good!

I played on there today. It's definately gonna take some time to get used too. But it's definately cool!

However instead of just not allowing us to sprint with your gun aimed I think it should be moved to the hip position then moved back once you stop sprinting. It's less combersome that way.

But what's all this large maps stuff? When I played it was on ResearchSite then it switched to Relics. 2 maps I'm not very fond of. I wanna play EP dammit!!!