1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Yurch's antics reach a new level!

Discussion in 'General Infiltration Discussion' started by yurch, Aug 24, 2001.

1. RAZZ

RAZZ aka FURY13RT

you know, what weapon collision and yurches mutation would work great with that "adding bipods" suggestion on the other thread.

useing a bibod (taking more time to setup) could stabilize the shot picture.

2. yurch

yurch Swinging the clue-by-four

:D
    Somewhere in the depths of your infiltration.ini there is a list of "ServerPackages"
    Try doing a search for that keyword in the ini.
    at the end of that list, before any of the other stuff, add this line:
    ServerPackages=ra

so it should look like this:
    Code:
    ServerPackages=INF_cCamosGreen
    ServerPackages=INF_cCamosGrey
    ServerPackages=INF_cCamosRussianG
    ServerPackages=INF_cCamosRussianT
    ServerPackages=INF_cCamosUrban
    ServerPackages=INF_cCamosWoodland
    ServerPackages=INF_cFacesINF
    ServerPackages=INF_cGear
    [b]ServerPackages=ra[/b]
    ServerActors=IpDrv.UdpBeacon
    ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerQuery

Then jus' run the server with the mutator selected.

3. St0rmcaller

St0rmcaller [AFA]'s unoffical godfather

...but would require a tid bit o' time to set up.

[edit] Doh! nevermind, you said that already.

4. McMuffin

McMuffin The sh¡ttiest Infiltrator

I know all bout the serverpackages... I just forgot like a moron

5. yurch

NEW VERSION!
    Lowered recoil for crouch and prone is in!
    And crouch is set to 66.6% sensitvity now!

6. Farouk

Farouk Adept

I tried it some longer (your new version) and it kind of grew on me more.

But some things: I found myself strafing (!!! OMG) to adjust horizontally aiming. Yes, that is really as bad as it sounds and I am afraid of myself.
    (But instead of saying your mutators sucks I say: We need heavily movement restrictions while we are looking through a scope. -> You look through a scope, you can't move)

The regular grid the crosshair is snapping on still gives me the shudders. Is it possible to randomize it a little without much work?
    I'd like to test that in one of your next RA versions. This should give a more natural feel.

I'd like to see one position in which the the grid effect is completely gone.
    Preferably this would be if the weapon is resting on something. To give the Robar the power it deserves from good positions, because even when I am lying prone I can't hit sh1t on large maps. Large as in CTF-HallofGiants. Extreme Prejudice is a small map compared to that one: I shoot bots from one end of the long straight street between red and blue base with the M16 ironsights.

Maybe this is possible after 2.86 is released.

7. yurch

see, this is interesting.
    I see many people who dont have too much of a problem with the grid while standing...
    Then theres you. :D
    Try decreasing your mouse-sensitvity a bit, or increase your resolution(desktop). That will help.
    The grid is not something random I created; Its a side effect of the ut engine with low-resolution input devices... The mouse.
    And yes, movement while zoomed is the next thing in line :D

8. poaw

poaw You used to sleep easy at night.

What about increased scope waver depending on your position? When can we expect it?

9. yurch

waver?
    The random kind?
    You should see beppos bob code. Its beastly :D

10. RAZZ

RAZZ aka FURY13RT

Its not just the mouse sensitivity.

I think I know what hes talking about some. its a grid effect that no matter how you tune it dosent go away.
    your probly feeling it in other games too.

I once owned a low quality mouse that really screwd up my game. theres nothing programming can really do for it though.

My suggestion: go out and get yourself a good laser mouse or a high grade gameplayers mouse (I personaly suggest teh microsoft one...)
    Yea yea, microsoft = evil, but their hardware is about as good as it gets for the price. plus you never have to clean em, lol

but either way, when you have good periferals you WILL notice the difference, I gaurantee it ;)

11. Farouk

Farouk Adept

I actually have the MS IntelliMouse Explorer (that's one of those optical ones) hooked up on my USB port. And I am using a black Everglide Giganta mouse pad which is a very good surface for these mouses (mice?).

Putting my mouse setting to the lowest (a hell to navigate in Windows and Inf menus) brought the same grid effect just that I have to move my mouse more until it jumps onto the next point of that same grid. My screen resolution is on 1280X1024 (maximum in my list) and as I said usually it's working so well that I can easily "snipe" bots on one end of Extreme Prejudice from the other end with a plain M16A2 without ACOG. It's yurch's evil plan to send all snipers to hell not my mouse. I have that only with his RA mutator in "scope-mode" and as I understand it it is his intention, because it's the a larger grid while I am standing and a much finer grid when I am lying prone.

12. yurch

try it with a different mouse, or perhaps a (digital!)joystick. Much finer(read: invisible) grid there.
    I really do not want to alienate any particular users with this mutty...
    Try setting your mouse way high in windows, and putting your in-game sensitvity lower.
    Any information you can give may help -
    I may just have to put a stronger control adjustment on the different positions. I plan to put another modify for the hold-breath...
    But dont expect the grid effect to get much smaller while standing tho;
    Any firearms instructor/expert(st0rmcaller :D ) will tell you its a crappy firing position.

13. Farouk

Farouk Adept

Okay, it looks that the settings inside the mousedrivers have no effect on size of the grid. It only influences how much I actually have to push the mouse across the mouse before it jumps onto the next point.
    Ut's ingame mouse sensitivity is the "grid-factor". I've tried a few settings from 0.5 to 12 (3.0 is my default in Inf). The lower this setting is the finer is the grid. On 12 I even have a clearly visible grid without looking through a scope.

So putting the driver's sensitivity up and UT's sensitivity down already helps a bit.

Tomorrow I will try it using the PS2 adaptor for this mouse (and PS2rate) and maybe I can dig out some old working ball mouse here.
    As for the digital joystick: I have one but have not really clue how to use it in UT / Inf. And that might be an option for testing but not playing.

14. yurch

I use a joystick :D
    Its not that I am ignorant to mouse users; I don't want you people to think that.
    But I can help anyone set thiers up :)

15. yurch

oh, it aint over yet (evil grin)
    All your scope sensitvity are belong to yurch!

16. yurch

oooohhh no.
    This bad boy aint goin noo-where.
    We are gonna see alot more stationary, "aimed shots" occuring in this new version(2.86). Do you really want this game dominated by every idiot that brings a ACOG?
    The mutator should still work with 2.86. Tell me any problems you noticed with it, or any oddites at all.
    I will be releasing a new one, once I find something major to add.

17. BrownCow

BrownCow I Heart Gnat.

Most all the good players in the game have dropped the acog, or never used the acog. The only players that use the acog now, for the most part, use the acog because w/o it they can't do squat. And even with it, they do barly better.

Acog is way too restricting to be of any good use. unless of course someone covers you cqb disadvantage.

18. yurch

I dunno about that BC. Many of the larger maps are dominated by scopes, (my beef aint just with the acog).
    I can use it pretty darn well in cqb as well. The new bobbing effects all of the guns, so its not like that fact alone makes scopes useless.
    The sniper rifles in INF are not the kind you would want to use for prolonged shooting while standing, or at all IMO.

19. St0rmcaller

St0rmcaller [AFA]'s unoffical godfather

Quote from unnamed source:

"I noticed that you guys[the AFA] keep it real. And I respect that alot! Unfortunately realistics loadouts don't win matches right now"

The speaker is referring to clan matches where the competition drives what loadouts to take. I cannot blame these clans in the least, as they are "in it to win it" so to speak.

The ACOG's activity has increased, and considering the limits on ghost cams, I'm sure I'm missing out on some more accurate numbers. Now that people are forced to take a realistic firing stance to pop of some accurate shots, they are finding that the scopes do a whole lot of the work for them. The loadout situation is the same as it was in the last version, so they can carry their uber 16 and their P-90 or MP-5 or whatever, and not be hindered. Hell, I've seen people carry an uber-16 and a robar, who needs iron sights? Even the good players take ACOG's becuase they know the advantages far outweight the disadvantages. Otherwise, why would they be so popular?

20. JamesT

JamesT sniper apprentice

Perfectly right. Basically, PSG-1 ( 8.1 Kilogram ) is already too heavy. RC50 is 11.3 Kg. Aiming these weapons in a way like using assult rifles is not practicable.