1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Your Speech Binds

Discussion in 'General Infiltration Discussion' started by Psychomorph, Jul 19, 2005.

1. Psychomorph

Psychomorph  

I use a pretty simple config. Keys H-K are the 'enemy spotted, down' stuff and keys C-N are the 'roger, clear, backup' stuff.

But I want to use way more, like all directions and more specific stuff, cuz it rocks in DATAS. I think about to use the direction message on the Num arrow keys (the very right 1-0 keys) and so.

Is they something more I have to know about communication?

How does it work, that some ppl taunt 'enemy spotted' and they show the direction of the E automatical?

2. Rostam

Rostam PSN: Rostam_

I use numpad for directions, but since I stopped and started playing again I forgot most of my keybinds. I use contact (r), tango down (x) and roger (f) most of all.

You can combine the heading (east, west etc) with speech. It used to be "mutate rdhelp" in console I think to get a full list of what to do, but I'm not entirely sure and I'm not sure either if they still use that mutator.

I guess others can help you a bit better.

3. Blitzschlag

Blitzschlag New Member

You mean that your hear "Contact!" but you can read for example "Enemy Hostile spotted at NE(123Degrees)!"???

If yes, than its a function out of ReportDirection, a very helpfull Mutator IMO.
    If u need help with setting it up, read through the Readme or just ask me ;)

4. - Lich -

- Lich - New Member

Well, when I want to map a new key I need to go to the infuserini most times, cause the number of unused keys is a little low. I recommend using one key for a simple direction bind, and turning to that direction, might be a little clumsy in a situation you do not have time, but in these cases you will not press other keys anyways.

And...do not use left, right and stuff...use east, west. I like it always when someone sends a contact (without rd of course) and then a going left...very useful.

...and Psycho....I think you mean DTAS.

5. NTKB

NTKB Banned

And please make sure you keep the important info at the beginning of the sentence, it gets people kiled to have to to read "HEY GUYS! Guess what? Enemy contact spotted east of my position!" Now here is an example of how you can use the same general sentence but make it less deadly to your own team: "EAST of me CONTACT guys!" Its important to get the juicy info first. Good luck with your binds.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2005
  6. Psychomorph

Psychomorph  

Thanks.

@Blitzschlag:
    'ReportDirection' is it called so? Link? Or easy to find? ;)

@Lich:
    INFUser.ini is it the file where to bind keys? I checked today something with... INFKey.. something, dunno, but the binds had (key)numbers.
    Is it possible to make custom typo of the taunts, like I taunt 'Contact' and it is written 'Enemy Contact'?

7. Rostam

8. - Lich -

- Lich - New Member

Yeah psycho, thats the Infiltrationuser.ini file.

As rostam said, you can pretty do everything with reportdirection, it is just not possible to use some of the *higher* speechbinds (talking of numbers) from the new voice, like i.e "Ready on my mark" or something.

9. Psychomorph

Psychomorph  

:D, ok, go on.

@Rostam:
    Thx for link.

@Others:
    Thx for replies/help.

10. Psychomorph

Psychomorph  

Ok, how to get the N,NE,E,SE,S,SW,W,NW on the numpad?
    Don't ask, I have read the readme... have still no clue, all that does say not a sh*t to me. So flame me, but tell plz :p.

Oh and how to get when I say 'Contact', that they are coordinations, and a silent report in, where just my location is messaged, without any 'aknowledge' would be good.

11. Rostam

set input numpad1 teamsay Contact: SouthWest!

That should be enough for just text. As for the sound things, combatmaps seems down so I can't help. Basically you will need this command:
    set input <KEY> <COMMAND>
    In which case the command needs to trigger a mutator: mutate blablabla.

Now I'm doing this from the top of my head, so don't blame me if it's wrong, but it should give you an idea of how to do what you are supposed to. In any case it's time for you to just screw around and figure it out.
    set input r (for example) mutate reportdirection &z %y %x

In the example I said the &z would be the voice for "contact" and the %y %x for the heading. That said, I have no idea if &z really does what I said it does and that %y really do what I said either, but hey the specific commands are in the readme so by now you should figure it out. Just screw around man, it's the best way to learn.

12. keihaswarrior

keihaswarrior New Member

Here copy mine:
    set input 1 mutate direction ***Enemy Spotted: %o%A %N°*** %S7
    set input 2 mutate direction ***Hostile Down: %o%A %N°*** %SC
    set input 3 HUDMutate UTCDirection ***Cease Fire %T&&!*** %S3
    set input 4 mutate direction ***Acknowledge: %o%A %N°*** %SY
    set input 5 mutate direction ***Covering: %o%A %N°*** %B
    set input 6 HUDMutate UTCDirection ***I'm on your 6: %T&& %o%V*** %B
    set input 7 mutate direction ***I'm at the Objective: %o%A %N°*** %B
    set input 8 mutate direction ***I Need Some Backup: %o%A %N°*** %S5
    set input 9 mutate direction ***Area is Clear: %o%A %N°*** %S1
    set input 0 HUDMutate UTCDirection ***Fall Back: %T&& %o%V*** %S0

The HUDMutate...etc. binds put the name of a teammate you're pointing at into the bind.

%A is the Cardinal Direction
    %o does only North, West, East, South instead of using Northwest etc..
    %N does your current heading
    %<hexdigit> is to attach a sound from your voicepack to the bind.
    %B makes a beep sound

I have more binds, but those are enough for you to copy the form and create your own.

13. Olethros

Olethros Functional alcoholic

The point of ReportDirection is that you don't need to use more than one key to say which way you are looking. Rather than this:

Numpad7=TeamSay Contact! Northwest of my position.
    Numpad8=TeamSay Contact! North of my position.
    Numpad9=TeamSay Contact! Northeast of my position.
    Numpad4=TeamSay Contact! West of my position.
    Numpad3=TeamSay Contact! Southeast of my position.

you can make do with just this:

Numpad8=mutate direction Contact! %C of my position.

and then "%C" will be replaced with whatever direction you are facing the moment you press the 'Numpad 8' key (or whichever key you assign it to).

Clearer now? When you get your mind around this basic stuff you should be able to move on with the more advanced features of ReportDirection, such as sounds and reversed direction tags.

14. Psychomorph

Psychomorph  

I got it now, thanks very much. It rocks, sadly I can't bind keys like Ü, Ö, Ä, or the +, - keys, nor the Del, Paste keys, they are so many keys left, you could spam so much keys with messages.

15. Rostam

You probably can, Psych. What to do: Go to the normal control place and set, for example, crouch to the Ü or +. It will then state the name of that character, use that name for setting up the speechbinds in console.

for example I have a second slash under the A button, called JoyZ.

16. Psychomorph

Psychomorph  

Yup that works, thanks.
    I actually figured how to use some other keys that can't be binded via console, but user.ini ;). I´m a 1337 haxor, I´ll spam yo :D.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2005
  17. - Lich -

- Lich - New Member

You can bind all keys via console, you just need to know the *name* of the key.

18. ~viper~

~viper~ lo

or you could bind stuff through console in another way: type "preferences" then go to Advanced -> Raw Key Bindings

btw, the reportdirection homepage is here ; you might have to experiment offline with different %S (%S1, %S2, %SY, etc) to get the right speech depending on which language you chose for your character.

I wish other games picked up on ReportDirection as readily as INF did... *tear*

19. - Lich -

- Lich - New Member

...or you just use: Mutate rdsound (or was it rdsounds) in the console to get a list.

20. Olethros

Olethros Functional alcoholic

It's "mutate rdsound."

And since I'm feeling particularly sadistic these days I've just upgraded ReportDirection to make it even harder to use. (Now it's %S0x## rather than %S#.)