your skill

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

someguy_99

Sep 7, 2001
Canada
Visit site
What skill levle do you play at in Unreal Tournament? I wanna know how I stand in my abilities, because I have a dial up modem so it's not worth playing on multiplayer. I currently play against adept bots in hardcore. I usually end up in second or so.

Kangus

Zombie on your pwn!
Jan 29, 2001
Illinois, USA
www.planetunreal.com
most ofd the time when I play UT anymore, its against Nalis..... easier test subjects when coding....
But I keep "AutoAdjustSkill" checked when I'm using bots, without hardcore on, so who knows?

Smoke39

whatever
Jun 2, 2001
It's what I do. Ever Since Duke3D. I play console games, and edit computer games. Uneditable games I just play, and I actually play UT sometimes, but it's kinda boring. Hopefully my pogo stick or Predtech will make it a bit more interesting.

Kangus

Zombie on your pwn!
Jan 29, 2001
Illinois, USA
www.planetunreal.com
I only really PLAY computer games if my roomy will play with me over the LAN.. otherwise its all editing & console games here too...
been playing a lot of Infiltration, Tribes & Red Faction lately....
then there's Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine on my good old N64...

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

MY SKILL

WHAT A JOKE AHAHAHAHA......

whoooo.... *breathes in deeply*

oh man.... I have no skill. I play UT on Experienced Turbo and I still cheat. I mean I don't have to but I do, more often than not.

:D

Magus

Oct 7, 2001
Visit site
Well I tend to like to play on Godlike, with 11 bots on CTF on Hardcore. With the bots modified so that they have 100% accuracy, 75-100% alertness and strafing. With them being either Berserk or Agressive. And a few camping bots, to simulate real games on the net. Should play a little more, since i am getting a little rusty from not playing as much as i used to.

someguy_99

Sep 7, 2001
Canada
Visit site
I'm probably (be pissed as hell if I don't) getting cable soon, so I'll start playing on multi soon. That will crank up my skill a bunch. And magus, how long have you been playing FPS's/unreal tournament? You seem like you could be one of the top 1000 players. And that's probably saying something.

Psycho_Leech

Hug meh
Sep 17, 2001
In the darkness
www.geocities.com
Well...

I think I set the skill level too low anyway, I usally play against average now but have been succsessfull against experienced bots, using the sniper rifle in close range(so I can do headshots in combat), that was practice because a friend of mine was annoyed at me beating him on Q2 for the PSX, so we both practiced and then a week or so later, had several games, I won a large majority, I don't do multiplayer on the internet because of lag.
Another friend has UT for the PS2, his record of never losing against bots is only spoilt by the fact that he ALWAYS uses godmode and infinate ammo, and then uses level skip halfway.
I have used playersonly against bots, but I don't use godmode because that's lame. I liked (but don't anymore) putting tons of missiles/ripper discs around enemy bots using playersonly, and then restoring time, I also used this on facing worlds, call a bot the very top, freeze time, put tons of discs behind them, order them to take the enemy flag, and restore time. This does work sometimes!
What difference does hardcore, classic or turbo make?

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
Re: Well...

Originally posted by Psycho_Leech
Another friend has UT for the PS2, his record of never losing against bots is only spoilt by the fact that he ALWAYS uses godmode and infinate ammo, and then uses level skip halfway.

....What difference does hardcore, classic or turbo make?

First point: Please give your friend a kick in the ass and tell him it's from me. :D

Second: it goes Classic, Hardcore, Turbo.

Classic: many of the same options as U1 botmatch.

Hardcore: like Classic but with 10% more damage. 35% air control.

Turbo: like Hardcore but also 50% faster and 65% air control. I prefer Turbo myself. Hardcore is so utterly boring.

Magus

Oct 7, 2001
Visit site
I had the problem of having the skill level to low and not having much of a challenge against bots. Whats the use of playing in Godlike if the bots, suck as such as they do in average. The solution i found was to modify all the bots to have higher stats in accuracy and stuff, so they at least gave me a challenge. If you turn it up to 75% or so then the bots can then at least hit the side of a barn. And turn off autoadjust, because if you have it on, it may lower the bots to your level which defeats the purpose of going up to a higher level. Whats the use of cheating, it won't help you any in the long run. You may improve your aim little, but when you dont have the cheats on you risk running in battles hap hazzardly, just getting yourself killed before you kill anyone. You stand a much better chance online, if you practice offline with bots that are superior to you, exceptally if you increase there aim to 75-100%. It will help improve your reaction speed and aim, so you can kick ass better online against other people.

Note: Playing Instagib with bots, with 100% accuracy is not recommended, accual it kind of sucks since they blast you away before you can see them. Just going over the rise in Face is deadly, they blow you away as soon as your head is high enough over the ridge that they can see you.

someguy_99

Sep 7, 2001
Canada
Visit site
Well I guess you can change your title or whatever from novice to something else. And yeah, I played instagib with loque who's default setting is 100%. I turned it down just a little bit, and it's fine now. And I read on that little help bar thingy that speed is increased 10% and damage is increased 50% on hardcore. Betcha if I went back to normal I'd be a hell of a lot better.

Neuroflare

Brewer - Patriot
Jun 21, 2001
I dunno
wod.beyondunreal.com
mmm... AC/DC

I play Adept bots, no cheating, no mutes, no nothing... just UT and Adept bots. I used to play novice only, but then my friend invited me to a lan party that was in 2 weeks. so I started to play UT constantly, upping the skill level ever so slightly when the competition got too easy

Psycho_Leech

Hug meh
Sep 17, 2001
In the darkness
www.geocities.com
I think I should up the skill level, also, about Loque, I checked his stats once and didn't seem to find any particularily special about him, I did read on a main BuF post about aimbots, I think it said Loque uses one, I did notice on CTF that Loque did get a lot of killing sprees, no other bot ever did, so I though something was up, so I checked, I can't remember excacly what the BuF thing said, so don't complain madly if I'm wrong.(Which is likely)
As for always cheating on the PS2, in his defence he says he has loads of games to complete, but why in a specific time? No reason, he is however, constantly taking back games and exchanging them, but he claims to be trying to unlock the levels on UT for multiplayer, but, I have only played on it once, and lost because the analog sticks don't have the same freedom as a mouse, and he wouldn't let me set the pad up, he made me use goldeneye style controls, which don't give the same up/down freedom as the controls I would use, having one stick for walking and one stick for looking. By the time I see him again, he will have exchanged it anyway, I don't really agree to just unlocking with an explorer(or with normal cheats, if the game is specificly for PS2) and exchanging the game a week or so later.