1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Your Opinion

Discussion in 'Mapping' started by Machismo, Mar 9, 2002.

1. Machismo

Machismo Up The Irons

i need to ask you guys two generic questions :-

- how do you go about designing your levels (hint hint ... ;)) do you just start adding stuff here and there or is there any plan

-it seems to me that most of my levels just turn out to be linear. a lot like the way in which dreary is laid out. i cant make one of those hardcore dm maps :p . just not my style. so the question is what do you guys find really fun in a ctf map?

2. Hourences

Hourences New Member

i neve rmake plans, i just substract a cubes, and another one, and so on, untill i have a few 1000 cubes and then i call it a map :)

a ctf has to have the righrt connecitvity, and stuff, like coret :)

3. Machismo

Machismo Up The Irons

yes the ugly cubes :D. thats the method i use but the problem is connectivity turns out all bad that way. btw u must be telepathic cause' the q was aimed at u :p

4. Hourences

Hourences New Member

nah :)
    ctf-ortican is old and blurry, area52 has a ghey floorplan, raid is good, but there architecture sux, its too average, my new singleplay maps have much better architecture :)

but you can do alot with cubes, vertex+cubes = cool, my best maps are 95 % cube with vertex, ctf-raid is almost entirily cube, only 2d shapes are the water puddles and a few corridors
    and the connectivity and floorplan stuff comes with the time, just give it time :)

5. The Twiggman

The Twiggman Instagib 4 Life

My style

I hardly ever plan things but when i do they are usually a mess in the end so now i just start subtracting crud, but then my maps seem to end up symetrical for some reason.

Quite intresting indeed

6. Machismo

Machismo Up The Irons

Hourences u should become more of a pimp, just read your gameplay article interesting :)

7. Machismo

Machismo Up The Irons

arent willard style corridors ghey :p

its just that i end up making my levels like that :rolleyes: