Your motivation.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

dotnetbeast

Mood Muzik
Feb 14, 2006
Washington D.C.
Who or What motivates you to do what you do?

------------------------------------------------------

For me personally, other other producers that are independent or even on the same level as me motivate me. Some I have collaborated with. Helps me to see that we are in it just for the music, not for glory.

What about you?

DeathBooger

Malcolm's Sugar Daddy
Sep 16, 2004
My motivation is typically bacon.

That and the desire to create something that will let others experience their own creativity. Creativity is probably the one good thing in our retarded existence.

[GU]elmur_fud

I have balls of Depleted Uranium
Mar 15, 2005
Waco, Texas
mtbp.deviantart.com
Motivates you too do what? Come here? Work? Succeed?

I come here to interact with people who have some semblance of intelligence. Most of you fit that bill I'd say.

I work so I can keep a roof over our (meaning my wife and son and myself) heads and food on the table.

I strive for success because I look to improve everything I am involved in.

If you were looking for a humorous response I'd say 'pussy'.

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
[GU]elmur_fud;2564370 said:
I'd say 'pussy'.
yeah nigga now you talkin' my language.

but seriously I would have to say that life motivates me.
not sure what else anyone really needs.

I enjoy being alive because doing stuff is fun.
simplistic but profound.

being alive includes the perks of loving, being loved, observing the natural beauty that surrounds us, enjoying music and art, and watching the world grow and change.
what else could you possibly need to get you out of bed in the morning?

granted, I'm sure this is easy for me to say as someone who lives a comfortable / healthy life in the civilized world :eek:

cryptophreak

unbalanced
Jul 2, 2011
I would say an understanding of infinity is one of the most de-motivating things of all.

That's the point. I don't have to worry or stress about anything, ever, because I can't possibly fuck anything up. I can do literally everything I want with no meaningful consequences. It's a wonderfully free sensation, really.

I forget this from time to time and experience motivation. It's so unpleasant.

theabyss

No One Here Gets Out Alive
Dec 3, 2005
East Coast
Yeah, be a little bit more precise Dotnet :mad::mad:;)

I can tell you what motivated me to go back to college being in my mid-thirties.
Doing well-payed but bone and spine breaking 3 shift work for over a decade with uneducated, retarded co-workers motivated me to get a degree in a field I can get passionate about. I think it payed off because it enabled me to find an not so well payed but awesome office job with nice, educated people, doing work that I enjoy. So, basically my past misery motivated me.

shadow_dragon

is ironing his panties!
That's the point. I don't have to worry or stress about anything, ever, because I can't possibly fuck anything up. I can do literally everything I want with no meaningful consequences. It's a wonderfully free sensation, really.

I forget this from time to time and experience motivation. It's so unpleasant.
Out of curiosity what have you achieved thus far whilst exhilarated with such absolute and wonderful freedom?

cryptophreak

unbalanced
Jul 2, 2011
what have you achieved

Ha, achievement.

If anything, freedom from achievement is what I've achieved.

Plus a nice career, a pretty motorbike, and some lady friends. Leisure time to explore my interests.

Also beer. I feel that's an achievement.

BillyBadAss

Strong Cock of The North
May 25, 1999
Tokyo, JP
flickr.com
At some point in the last decade I stopped wanting to consume media/art and started wanting to produce content for others. Not sure what the motivation was, but just got super inspired, then so many ideas came to mind.

So far this year:

Assistant Producer for Oishi High School Battle (I know Oishi should be Oishii. When I pointed it out it was too late. Not that big a deal) You will be able to see it later this summer on Shutup Cartoons.

In the planning stages of building a new SNS that is music based. This is the most exciting thing for me right now.

Still shooting lots of photos as this is my favorite kind of art. I've gotten lots of recognition and get to meet lots of other photographers passing through Tokyo.

Basically, just get out there and do something that you want to do and see what happens.