1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Your ears have all been corrupted!!!

Discussion in 'General Infiltration Discussion' started by boxster, Oct 20, 2000.

1. boxster

boxster ]3oXsTe]2

Well, this message is for all the people who aren’t satisfied with the sounds from 2.8. In Hollywood movies (and most games and mods) the sounds are drastically enhanced to give them more "umpf". Infiltration is based on extreme realism, and they have decided to use realistic sounds (I think...I’m not the infiltration spokesperson, hehe). So that is why you people go "man, that sounds crappy" when your firing the Mp5 silenced...your all used to the "laser-ish" sound of Hollywood silenced weapons.

In my oppinion, the sounds in Infiltration are the best I have ever heard. For once, the reloading animations match the sound, and man, is the sound real!

[​IMG]
    PORSCHE ßõX$†€®

[This message was edited by ]3oXsTe]2 on Oct 20, 2000 at 03:16.]

2. INF_Neo

INF_Neo Infiltration Sound Engineer

well, thanks /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

[​IMG]

3. Galaddin

Galaddin Forum Drifter

Hey, the silenced mp5 sounds great /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

It is impossible for the glass to be half full or half empty for you see: there is no glass

4. Stompy

Stompy New Member

The sounds rock!

I love 'em, especially the sound of a spent clip hitting the ground. THAT is sweet. One problem, though - when your M16 is empty and you bring it up to aim, it does not make the "I'm out of ammo" clicking sound. When you drop it back down to your hip, it does.

It also looks to me like the muzzle flashes from your own gun are coming from the wrong location, but I'll try to find an appropriate thread to put that in.