1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

You want hardcore realism, or not so?

Discussion in 'General Infiltration Discussion' started by St0rmcaller, Jul 9, 2001.

?

How much realism do you want?

1. Infantry simulator. 'Nuff said.

86 vote(s)
    78.9%
  2. More balance than realism.

20 vote(s)
    18.3%
  3. Running and gunning is real, isn't it?

3 vote(s)
    2.8%
  1. [L]the_Countess

[L]the_Countess Novice

true, teamwork can work without communication

but that teamwork is limeted to the ppl in your directly vicinity
    that is teamwork on a much lower level

for any real highlevel teamwork you need to know what is going on on the rest of the map

when did i EVER say i only play for score?
    i like it when i get a high score
    its not the reason i play

my only REAL problem with inf that just wont seem to go away is you

2. Elite_Soldier

Elite_Soldier -Malice-

PEACE guys

We all have different opinions, and we can state them all in a reasonably civil matter I'd like to think.

I don't care much for an incredibly high score. But I really don't like an incredibly low score either. If I get a high score, cool. If I get extremely low, I probably leave the server, or try new tactics. Score is more of a thing to prove how worthy someone is. After all, would you rather be covered by someone with 100+ kills, or someone with -2? It is a just a representation of personal skill.

That being said, it is unfortunately IMPOSSIBLE to judge someone's true skill because of score. Someone with a real high score could simply suck, and just get lucky with a semi-auto shotgun, and someone with a low score could be an excellent team player, providing cover fire, acting as rearguard, using weapons that don't give as many points (Robar).

I almost exclusively use an M16A2, but there are times when I use a Fnp90. My score usually goes incredibly high as you get 5 points for a kill with the latter, and 3 points (if lucky) with the former.

I don't know what can be done about scoring to promote teamwork. Sometimes I see some excellent teamwork online. If they look like a decent team, I will usually join them. It is funner (real word?) to operate in a team, but the nature of public games makes it impossible.

I feel there should be no score at all now. BUT you can see where you place in a game. Like you can see if you are in second place, or last, but with no digits whatsoever. And the points need to go back to one kill, one point (that you can't see... maybe at the end of the game, but definitely not during). And also if you survive a round you get one point. A TK will net you -5 points... thats a huge punishment. But the sytem still promotes rushing...

I guess teamwork is more of an opinion thing. Some people love it, some people rather go lone wolf. Some people are more amiable towards it, and otehrs end up fragging teammates routinely. It has been proven that a good team can easily take any rusher, but how often do you see this happenning? Usually only a couple of guys band together, and get killed by a stray 40mm shell. Oh well.

We can't rely on EAS either. The team have real lives (understandably), and can't spend every waking moment on the game. So there needs to be a solution in the next patch.

PS: Fur, I have almost finished my review of TO 2.0. RL issues keep me from totally finishing, though. It is about 80% done though ;)