1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

You want hardcore realism, or not so?

Discussion in 'General Infiltration Discussion' started by St0rmcaller, Jul 9, 2001.

?

How much realism do you want?

1. Infantry simulator. 'Nuff said.

86 vote(s)
    78.9%
  2. More balance than realism.

20 vote(s)
    18.3%
  3. Running and gunning is real, isn't it?

3 vote(s)
    2.8%
  1. [L]the_Countess

[L]the_Countess Novice

again another reason why i hate discusing with you
    you DO NOT read my post's

read my post again plz

w8 i'll tell you here and save your pittyfull brain the trouble

"with AES you got a new objective
    not to kill but to do something else
    so everybody try's to get there first. "

if you got half a brained you know i ment that everybody will rush for the objectives because thats the only thing that gives you any points
    maybe the real llama's will even kill a teamm8 ahead of them just to get there first
    nobody will provide cover because you get dick for that
    so for it to be played in a realistic way you NEED points for frag's

@GranoblasticMan
    well i got 2 woords for your whole post
    "Opperation FlashPoint"

your in the wrong game m8y
    what you want just isnt possible with the UT engine
    and is allready done in OFP

2. GranoblasticMan

GranoblasticMan New Member

LOL, I never expected even half of it to be able to be done in the Unreal engine. As for Operation FlashPoint, I'll have to check it out some time...

3. Snakeyes

Snakeyes New Member

Is it just me or is some guy casting dispersions on the brainpower of another individual while they themselves cannot spell, capitalize, use proper grammar or even understand the underlying error in using numbers in place of letters a bit comical?

4. [L]the_Countess

[L]the_Countess Novice

@snakeyes
    "m8" is widly exepted on the internet
    its not like im talking "l1t3 sp34k"

2de im a heavy dislactic (i got 2 out of 6 form's of it and got them bad) and have trouble spelling even my own language
    as for my grammer
    dutch is pretty diffferent from engish in that sens and sins i learned to speak english on my own @ the age of 7 i'm not doing half a bad job @ it

3de im sick and tired of ppl s.hiting me about my spelling and deducting from that that i have low brain capacity
    the chances of you being smarter then me are infackt verry small indeed.
    especialy seeing that fackt that the thoughts of me being dislectic or a non-english speaker did not seem acure to you @ all

i think i have the right now to put your brain capacity into question
    next time you post think more ok (or atleast try)
    if you dont agrea with my just say so (and why) and dont try to discreaded me in a sly and cheap manner like you did now
    and plz try to contribute something usefull

@GranoblasticMan
    try is ASAP m8
    i'v been having a hard time disiding wheater to spend my time on INF or OFP :D

5. GranoblasticMan

GranoblasticMan New Member

Snake, Countess is right. That was pretty uncalled for. Don't lower yourself to CS-quality. I expect more out of my fellow INF Community members.

So, from now on, play nice. ;)

6. Snakeyes

Snakeyes New Member

So is animal sex…doesn’t make it right.

I never made any deductions of your brain capacity, merely your tact. Though verbally attacking others and stating you are superior to others hardly presents itself as a symbol of the most enlightened of minds. I also do not think simple respect for others is “sly and cheap” as you put it nor your detractions of others “usefull”.

And to GranoblasticMan, I never said anything that was untrue. I hardly see pointing out obvious reasons someone should not come down on others as unkind, at least not in relation to the aforementioned verbal assaults.

7. The_Fur

The_Fur Back in black

ahahaha countess... j00 so st0000000pid.

If say planting the bomb is the goal, then why the **** do we need frags? You just give people score for planting the bomb or being close when it is planted in addition to points for the entire team when the goal si completed. People don't TK eachother when they get the same amount of points. On top of that people who play for frags are generally the only people who TK anyway (besides usual grief players and even they are usually atttracted by the frags).

Frags=bad
    countess=frag fag
    Countess=bad

:D

8. [L]the_Countess

[L]the_Countess Novice

@snakeeye's : i dont see any reason to even reply to that
    you obviusly missed the point entyerly
    but i'll try anyway

that is a obviusly you puting into question my mental capacity.
    and thats the bottem line
    you are saying in your post that my post is crap becuase i got spelling errors and dont even THINK about denying it
    and you dare say that it wasnt a sly and cheap way to discreadit me?

as for using numbers in woords
    you pretty new to the internet and forum life arent you
    numbers are used in woords to make them shorter
    so you can type quicker
    its whidly expected, everybody knows what i mean, and i'm not writing any officaly stuff here so why dus it have to be perfect?
    if your one of those ppl that thinks everything has to be writing in perfect english
    fu
    get a life
    my spelling has NOTHING to do with my post, my mental capacity or my personalty
    that makes your post completly meningless and useless
    all i want from you now is a post with the woord "i'm sorry" or "i apologize"
    nothing less nothing more
    if you have something to contribute to this discusion make a 2de post

@the fur : "sigh"
    read it AGAIN!

besides the fackt that you are now adding comments about a new scoresystem which changes the situation (and will probably not be implamented) my point still stand's
    the whole team will move to the place of the objective
    why? because you get points for it
    will they work together?
    take the time for teamwork? (you do know teamwork takes time dont you? plz say yes so i dont have to explain that aswell)
    nope they wont
    they wont have time for it
    they want to get there first

now you will say "give everybody the same score"
    whats the fun in that?
    ppl want to know who did all the work
    if you did all the work you want creadit for it (im begining to wonder how good the ppl who want a teamscore only system actualy are. makes you think dusnt it:D)
    the vast mayoraty of ppl do want individual scores

and what about the defending team?
    will they have objectives 2?
    thats not verry realistic in most case's
    so the only way for the defending team to get score is to frag
    unless you add a timer and the defending team gets points for stoping the attacking team
    but thats a teamscore again
    and beside its not realist to have a timer with only minuts to spare
    IRL they whould never send a team in to complete a objective with only minuts to spare

but if you dont add a timer the defending teams objecitve would have to be to kill all of the attackers
    that would make a person on the attacking team think : lets camp!
    kill every enamy left after hes team has been killed then take the time to get to the objectives
    blue will have to go out of their base looking for him
    again not every realistic

about the "people who play for frags are generally the only people who TK anyway"
    BS
    the ppl that tk are the ones that want to live and go out and do some work (e.g. not camp) they get starteld by somebody rounding a corner and pull the triger
    or ppl that have poor vision (old vid card, monitor, sunglare ect.) when they see somebody a long way away

p.s. dont call me stuped or a fag again
    i am nether
    plz have some honer and refrain from such comments in the future

9. The_Fur

The_Fur Back in black

hihihohohohahaha

you just don't egt it do you? whoever plants the bomb gets the same points as anybody within a certain radius. People will want to plant the bomb becaus e they get points for it.
    People will not TK eachother over the bomb because they get the same points as the planter (who doesn't do any extra ork but plant the bomb).
    People get points if the bomb is planted and goes oom. so people will want to protect their team because they get points if they reach teh goal.
    Voila teamwork galore.

You don't need time for teamwork all you need to do is get rid of the braindead f(r)agchasers and this can be achieved trough a new scoring system and or a barage of insults. Personally I like the 2nd weapon best but it requires more people so we'lljust have to change the scoring... don' like it? Go play quake plenty of f(r)ags there :D

10. [L]the_Countess

[L]the_Countess Novice

if anybody dusnt get it its you
    plz read my post's
    read my whole post
    and dont try to anser a post that covers a page with 2 lines

granded your system whould stop ppl from tk-ing teamm8's infront of them
    but for ppl to take the time for teamwork the radius would have to be rather huge
    if its 10 meters or less you have to be close to the first guy.
    too close to take the time for being cautious
    you'd have to blindly run after him

between 10 to 30 its too wide
    you could get points and not even know where the objective was
    or you could stay behind to guard the rear and not get points for your teamwork
    deversion work would also not pay off
    like taking another route that is longer but could get you in behind the defences. you'd kill a lot then but you'd not get to the objecitve first so no points

if its more then 30 everybody could get point and not even know why or without really working for it

if you'd ever played in a clanwar you'd know that teamwork is not only about sticking toghter
    but also about guarding alternative routes, flanking the enamy or staying behind on a place with a overview, sniper gun in hand
    with a system where you only get points if your near the objective ppl wont be willing to do any of that

you system would also create a nice group of enamys to frag/nade/mow down (with the saw) for the defending team
    that will not happen if they take the time to work toghter and spread out more (e.g. take the same route but not close togherter, covering eachother as they advance )
    teamwork like that takes more time then normal
    (it puzzles me that i have to explain that to you. i thought you smarter then that)
    ppl wont take the time for that because they have to get there as one of the first if they want some credit for their hard work

your system would also make ppl use ultralight loadouts
    like pistol only with 1 clip
    realistic?
    that would increase the problems i have pointed out above
    plus youd have to use a ultralight loadout yourself because you wont be able to keep up otherwise
    a attacking team all with pistol only loadouts
    o ya thats realistic.
    plz!

and you still havent anserd my questions about the defending team
    what to do with them for score
    its almost @ the bottem of my pervious post (3de and 4th paragrafe from the bottem)
    as i sayd: read my whole post and dont try to anser them with 2 lines or you get things like this

to be honest the only thing your post really did was say again why ppl wont tk anymore (and insult me again) granded i did not anser that (i have done now)
    but you could take the time to anser the rest of my post and not only the stuff you have a anser for
    you do that often, anser only the stuff you have a anser for and dont even comment on the rest
    act like it was never sayed in the hope of it being forgoten
    yet another reason why i hate discussing with you

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2001
  11. McMuffin

McMuffin The sh¡ttiest Infiltrator

this is what I both love and hate about this community...
    that we have people with such a wide range of views on the game...

The Fur and Yurch who think on new ideas and how they could make the game better, and Countess who points out how they could, and inevitably WILL be abused...

so everyone's (well almost, fauker...) opinion is valuable because of that variety, though everyone will disagree and end up flaming each other...

I say, ignore the flame, and watch evolution at work...

PS snakeyes I dont even try to recover gracefully anymore... never worth the effort, just admit you're wrong and move on. Like the old saying in the game of Go, never throw good stones [posts] after bad

12. Snakeyes

Snakeyes New Member

And I’m the one asked to apologize?

As to the real issue: I like the idea of having objectives in the game like placing explosives etc. however I do understand the scoring issues set forth by Her Countess. My personal opinion is to remove scoring all together, or offer only team scoring. If your team wins, you get points, if not, you don’t. Then you get points for placing the bomb, being a lookout or even being the guy who takes a telefrag for the team so some other guy can play the round.

I have no use for personal scoring, or even team scoring for that matter. I try to kill people because its fun, I try not to get killed cause that is no fun. I cover my teammates and stick with them because it helps keep me alive…which has been stated as fun. However I do understand that lots of people love their scores for whatever reasons, from personal glory to self diagnosis. Perhaps if players only received their personal scores iff their team wins it might help. This way you can kill every other player but you don’t place the bomb (or whatever the objective is) you get no points, or if you kill your own guys and they can’t complete the mission you get no points or if you don’t do what you can to keep your teammates alive and they die then you get no points, etc.

13. Snakeye

Snakeye Mk82HD

Now that's a person with a very, very similar name..

Anyway, I too suggest to remove any points from INF - except for winning the round perhaps.
    I personally don't give a **** if I win the round alone or didn't fire a shot while being rear-guard(which doesn't happen often in offline play), the only thing that matters is, that my team wins. Eliminiating personal scores might add to a more team oriented gameplay.

Snakeye :D

14. [L]the_Countess

[L]the_Countess Novice

as McMuffin sayed dont try to get out of gracefully

me and the_fur have been fighter over just about everything sins we met on the forums
    i have chosen to not comment on his insults anymore because with him its useless to say something about it
    he ignores what he dusnt like and is to stubrn and proud for the woords "sorry"

i however have NO history with you whatsoever and the first thing you say to me is or a questional nature to say the least
    thats why i'm asking you for a appolagie

objecitves in the game will be implemented in to form of a different gamemode namely EAS
    your idea for a score system has allready been looked @ in the past and discarded (by everybody but the_fur and some other "freaks" that want to do away with individual score's)
    my score is almost alway the highest
    that means i do a lot of work
    i like to see me get rewarded for my work with a high score

i agrea the the scoring system should be more positive for teamwork but teamscore only is crap it just wont work
    i have allready sugested a scoring system that whould accomplish this
    the_fur ofcourse dissmissed it out of hand because it still had individual score and frags in it (the_fur = my way or no way)

your new to the forum so plz read the "announcments" (the top topic) you can find a lot of info there that you really should know befor you post anything here
    would save me from explaning a lot
    like what aes is

p.s. "that makes your post completly meningless and useless"
    well it was
    you only commented on my spelling and gramer without making any other points
    so it was useless

15. Beppo

Beppo Infiltration Lead-Programmer

Even if this post is not really useful, plz read it, thx! [​IMG]

Ok, I'm glad that ya all calmed down a bit. Even if some comments were not very nice and got a bit personal, the overall discussion is worth to be continued.
    So plz discuss and don't ... ;)

Thx!

- Beppo

16. Snakeye

Snakeye Mk82HD

Do in reality soldiers get points for accomplishing their target? (Since I didn't serve I don't know, that's no rethoric question..)

AFAIK medals are about the only thing a soldier can expect for doing his job, though some armies don't have any decorations at all(IIRC the IDF don't..).

So why would you need points in INF, unless your ego needs feeding and you can post on the MB that your scores are usually among the top ones? If you really won the round alone, you'll know, your friends will know, and that's enough if it goes to me.

In the end the only thing that counts in real life is, if the job was done properly - and that's the way it should be in INF IMO.

Snakeye :D

17. The_Fur

The_Fur Back in black

Ok let's take reality for an example do soldiers get "points" nope they don't. so scrapping scoring alltogether is fine with me.

They do however get rewards for a job done (couple days R&R, medal wahtever) for accomplishing their goals. So tame places bomb people get score.

What they don't is get "points" for frags. It's not like, hey you killed half a platoon all by yourself unfortunately the president was assasinated. Still here is a medal for killing those people. Uhm nope.
    Only rewards for body count were during the Vietnam war and those were on unit basis not individual based.

Either way individual frags have to go.

18. Snakeyes

Snakeyes New Member

I agree with myself and Fur. Also, if a team works together really well I don't believe a person who gets 20 frags has done more work than a person with none.

Naturally if a person literally does nothing but stand there, they've done no work, however I believe a person can do lots of "work" and contribute an equal share in the team objective and not kill anyone.

Often times when I play I get up near the top of the score board and other times I get practically nothing. I rarely feel as though I've done nothing for the team though.

19. RogueLeader

RogueLeader Tama-chan says, "aurf aurf aurf!"

You agree with yourself? How strange.

20. Tommy Atkins

Tommy Atkins Older, but no wiser

...damn. Well, there goes ANOTHER hobby.