1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

You want hardcore realism, or not so?

Discussion in 'General Infiltration Discussion' started by St0rmcaller, Jul 9, 2001.

?

How much realism do you want?

1. Infantry simulator. 'Nuff said.

86 vote(s)
    78.9%
  2. More balance than realism.

20 vote(s)
    18.3%
  3. Running and gunning is real, isn't it?

3 vote(s)
    2.8%
  1. R-Force

R-Force (IF)

Many clans judge their members by their score output, if they fail to "deliver", they drop them... So many clans act like professional players from some professional sport league and require their members to be "super" players (ie super scorer).

To encourage players to play the right way, you need to trick them into playing that way : they need reward, fame and status, they need a scoring system that reward them for playing like the game should be.

I don't require any special system myself to play honorably and fairly (and realistically), but many players out there require some incitative (or else they seek glory in some other way their twisted mind may devise)...

2. DarkBls

DarkBls Inf Ex-admin

Did you remark rogue, at each new poll of this kind, we win by more votes !

3. St0rmcaller

St0rmcaller [AFA]'s unoffical godfather

People can effectively use the hip shooting while running and gunning as is. Go load up with a full auto weapon and never bother aiming it. You'll find you really don't need to after some practice.

Sigh...Reality at it's finest. (sarcasm, people, thats sarcasm.:D )

4. OpFor

OpFor Feeling suicide, thats O.K.

To The Fur: The opera is out!, I used to check that site like every day [a year ago] and I just got too damn impatient.

5. Beppo

Beppo Infiltration Lead-Programmer

Hi !

not a real comment to this post but maybe some info worth to read:

We added several things for getting the unrealistic rush elements in INF to be more realistic. At the moment you are able to run, aim and hit a half covered enemy with your AKMSU on full auto and a drum attached... ya just need some training...
    Well this is way too unbalanced cause the not running and half-covered player should have a big advantage in real life. Ok, a running target is not easy to hit, but its not easy at all to hit the sitting duck when ya run like hell ;) ...
    So the current speed of the player affects your accuracy now too.

That's just one thing we added and ya will see that its still fun, ya can still rush if ya like, but the player using tactical moves and taking cover has the advantage now... just like in real life.

- Beppo

6. MoNDoGuY

MoNDoGuY Groin grabbingly good!

That's what I needed to hear :)

7. St0rmcaller

Oh...hell yes.That is what I've been waiting for. Time for me to set up a shrine to Beppo.:)

8. GranoblasticMan

GranoblasticMan New Member

Hehe, already made one... :p
    LOL

9. Beppo

Beppo Infiltration Lead-Programmer

on your knees and pray!!! ..... haha :D

thx guys!! you're welcome!

10. The_Fur

The_Fur Back in black

I would almost hug beppo... however it's not my style so a "thx" will have to do :D

11. perrin98

perrin98 New Member

have you decreased the running speed as well, Beppo?

/me goes and cleans off his age-old shrine to Beppo

12. McMuffin

McMuffin The sh¡ttiest Infiltrator

voted option 2

For a reality game to please me fully, it should be as realistic as possible, but MUST be fun.

Realistic tactics should work as well or better than UT style gameplay. It saddens me to see the people using realistic tactics and hiding behind cover getting canned 7 out of 10 times by the guys runNgunning.

Only 3 of my 20 or so loadouts, the least used ones, have more than one main gun (counting the m203 as a main gun). but most players are still carrying 2+, one of which is almost always a robar or m16+203+acog.

13. RogueLeader

RogueLeader Tama-chan says, "aurf aurf aurf!"

Beppo, I have made my monthly sacrifice to you, now I expect a full bounty of crops!

14. perrin98

perrin98 New Member

Who'd you sacrifice this time Rogue? (me looks around) Night_Strike, oh NIIIIGHT_STRIIIKE

15. RogueLeader

RogueLeader Tama-chan says, "aurf aurf aurf!"

He's with Beppo now.

16. GranoblasticMan

GranoblasticMan New Member

Rogue, you're next. We need a virgin sacrifice. :p

17. St0rmcaller

lmao

I wonder if we can get any more specific goodies about 2.86 from He Who Is The Lead Programmer.:)

18. jaymian

jaymian Sweet Merciful Crap!

From the sounds of it, INF 2.86 will feel like a whole new game. I'll need to clear my schedule.
    Jaymian

19. Profe

Profe Posts: 918,731

lol
    well its good to hear that.

20. NotBillMurray

NotBillMurray It's Suntory Time!

I'm all for as much realism as they deem fit to saddle us with. I would rather have a game work because I was forced to use real world tactics than one where real world tactics are just an option.

To answer Perrin's question, I play in a manner that I don't think will ever be adversely affected by the addition of more realistic feature. I stop, crouch, and fire when playing. I only fire while running for covering fire purposes. I don't prone except for visibility purposes (basically, I kill the guy before he gets a shot off.) Rarely do I have a situation where they get to fire at me. Never prone in a CQB situation. I don't carry a scoped weapon 95% of the time. I have a light loadout.

Basically, I should be nerf proof. (unless they complain about MP-5 whores :))

Count me in the Realism camp.

And thanks Beppo for the incredibly good word about the new version.