You Rock Warren

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
May 22, 2000
Amsterdamned
resolute.gamepoint.net
lol apie!
Cmon Fur, you'll have to agree this is close to the best someone can come up with. When ppl dont want to team play, they wont, when they do want to teamplay, they will. The scoring system can only hint for it.
After the inplementation of inertia and leaning in 2.86 the game will slow down anyways. Thats a good thing!

LordKhaine

I sing the body electric...
Dec 6, 1999
UK
Visit site
I hope the public servers keep ghost cam on, no real need to take away spec cam on a public game. Maps like EP are a lot more fun with spec cam, just fly high into the air for a birds eye view :D

The_Fur

Back in black
Nov 2, 2000
www.rlgaming.com
Cmon Fur, you'll have to agree this is close to the best someone can come up with. When ppl dont want to team play, they wont, when they do want to teamplay, they will. The scoring system can only hint for it.

Exactly, so remove the frags. No need to promote something (running around like a moron looking for frags) that in't the games goal in th 1st place.

And Ghost, pessimism schmessinism. If you take a look at any other so-called "team" game you will see that none of them actually achieved becoming a team game simply because of 1 reason, the frags. It's not pessimism it's common sence.

-kain-

lurker
Apr 3, 2001
England
btw, where does it list individual kills on the scoreboard? :confused:
the distance meter is a percentage (so if you make 1 kill at 100+ metres it will show exactly the same as if you make 12 kills at 100+ metres)
'actual kills' is the number of kills the whole team has managed. correct me if I'm wrong but the team have removed frags from the game fur

The_Fur

Back in black
Nov 2, 2000
www.rlgaming.com
no they haven't they are just not immediately visible to the rest of the players, but the fact remains that the players are ranked based on their frags. So the main motivation will still be killing as much as possible before the other "teammates" get a chance to steal them. Which does NOT promote teamwork since you are competing against your "teammates".

And ince INF is a team game you should be competing against the other team and that alone.

{GD}Ghost

Counter Terrorist Operative
Mar 25, 2001
Classified
home.attbi.com
Fur, I was merely refering to the fact that you seem to always take a negative viewpoint on everything.

I do agree that there should not even be a ranking order based on kills.

May 22, 2000
Amsterdamned
resolute.gamepoint.net
I dont know if I'm alone on this, but I think Fur has a point. Inf is going for optimum realism, and counting frags isnt the best way to give someone the most credit for being realistic (get it, kinda weird sentence there). The question remains: Is there any other system that gives you the most points on the round if you were the best? Or should this be disregarded and should points only be given to the team as a whole?? This would be a very drastic action since nobody will stand out anymore.....
What do you think Fur? Personally I like myself on top of a chart and I'm not a shotty feteshist, and I'm certainly NOT running around like a mad dog (my ping doesnt alow it if I even wanted to...)

Last edited:

The_Fur

Back in black
Nov 2, 2000
www.rlgaming.com
define the best. IMO the best player is the player that covers his teammates, frags the room before letting his buddy enter. Or simply sits on a high vantage point warning his teammates of enemy movement.

The problem is that it's really hard finding a scoring system that actually awards players for all of this.
That'll take some thinking. I'll dedicate the whole of next week to finding the answer :).

-kain-

lurker
Apr 3, 2001
England
ok I agree the ranking of player names on the scoreboard needs to go, if only because UT (plus every other game in existance) does this and it would remind me of UT and all those evil games :D
no, seriously, I see your point and agree.
Could the scoreboard - sorry - *information board* - not look a bit nicer too?

Hehe, it would be cool if you could scratch your gun with tally marks for every kill you get. You would have to find cover and spend about 10 seconds doing it so it's not like you could just run ahead and mow people down. :D Yeah, yeah, I know this will never happen.