1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

you noob!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by dub, Feb 5, 2008.

1. dub

dub

Bah! That's how you were meant to play it! Let your whole team die as you go at it Rambo... ¬_¬

2. Vers Vlees

Vers Vlees Oohhh a custom title

Yeah I know consoles get our RTS games aswell. (I mean even Red Alert was ported to the PSX :p)
    What I meant is that in the future they may dumb down the RTS genre for the consoles and then release ****ty ports for the PC. Like how the Rainbow six series got simplefied for the the consoles and we PC geezers are left with the ****ty console ports.
    That's a bad thing. I reckon it is going to get worse for us seeing game makers are making games for the consoles first (GOW for example) we get the ports.

I can understand why games get shorter due to increased complexity but still some games can over do it. I mean Max payne was very short IIRC.

btw I used to play Rainbow six series over lan with a buddy. I loved the coop missions(this is something game developers should implement more). The ai of your teammates was pretty stupid although I must admit I mainly played Rainbow six series over LAN or in Rambo mode:p

3. Adelheid

Adelheid Bernstein

I think games are getting too easy, and they have been getting too easy for some time, hence the default difficulty setting on any game is now Easy.

Now this does not cause me, my gaming, or my 1337 skills any problems as I have been habitually turning up the difficulty to Hard or higher ever since I whipped through Quake II on Normal, or when I first played Unreal Tournament only to discover my opponents all insited on walking everywhere thanks to the default difficulty setting being Average.
    Average my arse, even the Average man can run/shoot straight/not dive off the edge of a 20 mile high building.

Take fighting games, at one point in history the default setting was Arcade, somewhere between Normal and Hard. Now? Well let us put it this way: I have a friend who whipped through Capcom Vs Snk 2 on his first go, unlocked everything by the end of the day. Consequently he thought he was super-ninja-badass or something, until we had a quick vs match and discovered he didn't even know how to block.

Meh.... n00bs.