You don't have to die

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Nikoomba

Feb 6, 2001
Melbourne, Australia
I love the idea of dragging away screaming Infers.
Johnny, I can't feel my legs!!
It would have to leave a nice blood trail though, making it even more dangerous to rescue a team-mate. Hey, if you can make footprints....

I love the smell of Napalm in the morning.
www.snowmansland.cjb.net

scot

Feb 1, 2001
hrmm

what about gaining points by infiltrating the enemy's base and killing their wounded soldiers before they can rescue them?

btw i think inf should add like a little snub nose .38 revolver for backup

Meshuggah

Apr 24, 2000
Chandler, Az, USA
Visit site
usually when I kill an oposing team member...They die.

page

KOFFEYKID

Suck It!! Suck It!!
Jul 15, 2000
maybee

you could check if they where alive after the battle has been cleared. if they are shoot them with a DE in the head at point blank. If not shoot them in the head with a DE. hehehehe You have to make sure. :cool:

fetch.dll

By the time you notice me it will be all over.

The_Fur

Back in black
Nov 2, 2000
www.rlgaming.com
People who shoot wounded men should be hung, I say add a gallow to each inf level and after each round instead of just dying you get to hang TK's and wounded killers.

bigsig.gif

Iceman

Who Dares Wins
Oct 6, 1999
Australia
Visit site
Sheep's idear sounds prety cool, that would make the game more challanging and fun too.

Iceman.

<p ALIGN=CENTER>
page
</p>
<p ALIGN=CENTER><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica"color="#A5AA56" size="2">One Shot, One Kill ,No Mercy</font> </p></font>

Dr.Dase

Feb 26, 2001
When a limb is severed pretty low, ie. not a leg at the pelvis or an arm at the shoulder (not sure, but i think that's about it) the blood vessels contract rapidly to stop the bleeding, not fully, but it helps. If your main artery in the thigh is severed, and you have at least pretty high blood pressure (common in a combat situation) the blood would probably be spraying like crazy, and you would bleed to death very quickly. Thus, for some reason, if a limb is completely severed, you might stand a better chance than if you were simply shot in an artery....(not sure, but what i've read indicates this)

Bleeding out

I'm going to disagree (I just love this stuff). I'm going to get into some minutiae here... .

At a given level along an extremity, your chances of survival are greater if a main artery is opened up or transected by a bullet, compared to your chances following a traumatic amputation.

The reason is that if the compromised area of the artery is still surrounded by tissue--muscle, fascia, integument--there will be some amount of tissue hydrostatic pressure helping to tamponade the bleeding. The tamponading effect of externally-applied pressure will be assisted by this surrounding tissue, as well. Plus, in the forearm and the calf, you have two major arteries, so if one of them is "shot open", you have one bleeding major artery out of two, whereas if a sudden amputation occurs at the same level, all the arteries (two main ones and various small ones) will be pumping blood into the dirt.

-- Vipe --
viper.jpg

-- LIVE FREE OR DIE --