1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

You all have homework for this week

Discussion in 'General Infiltration Discussion' started by MoNDoGuY, Oct 18, 2001.

1. Profe

Profe Posts: 918,731

I converted 2 friends too
    but one of them burned his processor an the other one lost all his files installing XP

2. Olethros

Olethros Functional alcoholic

I must sadly report that my attempt at converting some mates from UT to INF has failed. It was probably my fault for getting too eager and gunning them down mercilessly before they'd really gotten the hang of it. :( (When I'm in the "killing zone" it's very hard to stop for n00bs...) Their final verdict was, of course, "Too slow and hard. We want normal UT instead, so we won't have to use our brains that much."

Mind you, these people think "Baha Men" make cool party music... So they deserved every goddamn bullet I drilled through their MTV-festering, shite-filled heads!

3. greenrift

greenrift New Member

I hath converted one heathen!

Yeah, I told my friend to download it and he said he really liked it. Then I got him to switch to OpenGL and he liked it even more.

Maybe I'll make my own "custom" distro of INF for my friends for LAN parties, that way they don't have to install a lot of extra crap and tweak it a lot ( like the OpenGL stuff, and maps ). It's just ready to play out of the box.

4. MoNDoGuY

MoNDoGuY Groin grabbingly good!

Well I think it's working. I'm seeing a LOT of new names out there. Not the same old faces anymore :)

5. Guardian_BOB

Guardian_BOB Glitch! BFG!

I've asked another 'Guardian 452' who contacted me in a PM. I offered to burn and mail him a CD if he was on a low speed connection. He hasn't replied yet, but I've tried.
    Slay ya later.

6. FiringAimlessly

FiringAimlessly NOT going to waste another minute on CS!

ain't what you know but whom you know

I know a couple military guys (at least one who got fed up with Fallout: Tactics because of all the lamers online who decided "hell with this tactical crap let's just go all out with lots of tanks and power armour!!!"), but to the best of my knowledge none of them play FPS's and wouldn't go near UT...

What few people I <i>do</i> know who play FPS's play either pure deathmatch or CS.

I know ONE professed R6 fan whom I've sent the planetunreal.com/infiltration URL to over ICQ... I haven't seen him online though...

7. Profe

Profe Posts: 918,731

I wonder if its a good idea to pimp it to some R6 forums?!

8. Camel_Toe(l)

Camel_Toe(l) Form Fitting

GHOST was originally an R6 clan and made the move to here:D.

Not me though, I'm an old Quaker (original) that got back to gaming through UT and then I met Inf. :cool:

9. {LOD}WolfBear

{LOD}WolfBear Cannon Fodder

Hey I been pinpin INF since around 2.85 when I discovered it myself, my only problem is that my blank CD bill is goin through the roof. (Of course I also add in all the real world maps and all the other map packs for INF as well :D can we say 591 MB compressed boys and girdles?? )

{LOD}WolfBear[RM]

10. yurch

yurch Swinging the clue-by-four

Hell, I was(am?) a Descent 3 psychopath. Im sure my buddies who are used to seeing me roll out of the way of homing missiles and fusion bursts would hardly recongnize me now :D

11. LieLestoSbrat

LieLestoSbrat Can You Count? Sucka's

Inf Inf Horay :D

I have to thank my good friend Volitous who introduced me to Inf, I do have to admit that I was slow at first in playing it alot. But now it is all I play. My long days of CS lamerness is very much over and the new era of Infness is approching very quickly, just as long as i can get a desent phoneline (grrr shoots BT in the head with my basic M16 :D ). Also I have introduced 2 of my friends to Inf a posibly another :) Unfortunalty 2 of those friend dont have internet conections or good inf playing computers so they only play down my house. But like I said

Inf Inf Horay :D

12. G-Fresh

G-Fresh Red

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooo[SIZE=0.5]ooooooooooooooooooooooo[/SIZE]

13. funkstylz

funkstylz I CLEAN TEH LATRINE

You win! Now bend OVER!

14. G-Fresh

G-Fresh Red

/*runs screaming like a little girl*/

15. DeadEyeNick

DeadEyeNick New Member

lol! funk :p

16. karsh

karsh Y2KHippy-Karsh or WW2Hippy-Karsh

I converted my girlfreind, Saranus, and when I eventually dragged her online, she Kicked some serious butt...
    she plays allot offline and her reflex's are to die for......

Now im starting a clan with her, I just need to get her online more, (hmm did I mention that we even broke up and we are still united with Inf...) Scary huh... grinz

Im still trying to convert 3 of my freinds, one has 4 comps, but only one capable of playing a serious game of Inf. The other one have a vintige comp and one has, hmmm phsicolodgical problems so im not realy talking to him now... well I still got one and always looking for more Inf players in Sydney Australia