Yo

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Shrimp

Seafood splatter
Jan 13, 2003
Deep in South Africa
shrimpworks.za.net
Sup :D

Sorry I've been scarce lately, things are going psycho on my side again. Working a lot, weekends too, and most of my house is burried under boxes already, as I'm moving over 900 KMs to Johannesburg permanently (at least that means no more 2-week trips there and back every 2 months or so :)) at the end of this month.

I'd like to commit myself to a deadline for the new version's release, or I'll probably just keep playing with it, and never release anything :D.

First weekend in December. That's 3rd/4th December.

Team mappers - if you have any new or updated content, please can we get that together by 15th/16th November, and we'll do some multiplayer team testing together of the final product, on the following weekend (22nd/23rd November).

I'm hoping to have my internet connection up and going in the new place by the time I've moved in, so hopefully I won't be without internet for long, and will get cracking as soon as I'm set up on the other side.

jerdaygo

How jerdaygo?
Jan 10, 2004
USA
Yo Shrimp good to hear from ya, I only have one issue with you time frame, November 24 is the US's second biggest holiday, Thanksgiving, so I doubt Steve Adam or I would be able to do the 22nd or 23rd, I may be wrong, but how about the weekend prior? the 19/20th maybe???

$n][pErMan

UnWheel Server Guru!
Aug 29, 2004
You get me the maps ... and the most updated beta and you can have my server for testing ;)

$n][pErMan

UnWheel Server Guru!
Aug 29, 2004
Shrimp said:
Hmm, I messed my dates up completely, I was looking at October's calendar :D.

Should be:

Maps by 12th/13th November
Group testing on 19th/20th November
Releasing 3rd/4th December.

Does that suit you guys better? :D
Just make sure you give me enough time both with the test and release to setup the server correctly. Acctually .. testing on my server will help make sure its also stable for the release as im sure a new wave of people will try the mod. :)

craze

Jan 27, 2005
uhh, with the addition of damage, having so much Karma stuff in my map may not be such a good idea, i guess you cauld say i have a rabbit map(not exactly done so i wouldnt count it, just need some textures and static meshes) and i made a MAJOR update too my rally map, and then Tact tried to make a map(ewwwww) dont think its worth much, just set ligh value and some static meshes, thats all i can think of ATM

jerdaygo

How jerdaygo?
Jan 10, 2004
USA
maybe i will have to pay the extra $15 and get the 9meg down 1 meg up upgrade on my connection for the month of November, might be kinda nice for testing and FTP useage ;)
I'd like to play with that kind of bandwidth for a month anyway :D

Last edited:

$n][pErMan

UnWheel Server Guru!
Aug 29, 2004
jerdaygo said:
maybe i will have to pay the extra $15 and get the 9meg down 1 meg up upgrade on my connection for the month of November, might be kinda nice for testing and FTP useage ;)
I'd like to play with that kind of bandwidth for a month anyway :D
You would be surprised.... I got 6mb down & 512kb up dedicated and you really notice nothing from like 2mb down to 6mb down. The upload on the other hand .. you do notice ;)

jerdaygo

How jerdaygo?
Jan 10, 2004
USA
$n][pErMan said:
You would be surprised.... I got 6mb down & 512kb up dedicated and you really notice nothing from like 2mb down to 6mb down. The upload on the other hand .. you do notice ;)
You do when you have several downloads going at once, but yes the main advantage will be the up ;)

$n][pErMan

UnWheel Server Guru!
Aug 29, 2004
stevenhorton said:
Thanks for the comments on the car:) BTW, I have solved that rather nasty collision problem with the Cudas and new trucks on ramps.
Did you fix the headlight placement on the cuda by any chance? :)