UE1 - UT Yet Another "Why isnt my Texture Working?" Thread

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

The Good Doctor F

Detailed BSP Recoveree
Jan 23, 2011
www.atomiccrowbar.com
3 threads in a row on this section, I don't know if that makes me a noob or just stupid.

So anyways, I'm trying to use some custom textures for a map. I've followed the directions on the wiki for importing the textures and I put them (BMP's) in the MyLevel package. Now my problem is that I can see them in the editor, but ingame they turn into the default texture. Any reason why this problem is occuring?

The Good Doctor F

Detailed BSP Recoveree
Jan 23, 2011
www.atomiccrowbar.com
*another update*

Even after importing them again, the same thing happens. They appear on my surfaces as they are supposed to in the editor, but when I open it up ingame, the custom textures are gone as are the same textures in my browser.

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
Make sure you not only save your map, but also that you didn't save the myLevel pseudo-package by accident. Browse through your UT data folders and delete any file called "myLevel.u<something>x". Similarly no other package should have the same name as your map.

The Good Doctor F

Detailed BSP Recoveree
Jan 23, 2011
www.atomiccrowbar.com
*Fixed*

I went ahead and made a new package, imported it as a bmp, then in the texture browser, right clicked the texture, exported it again as a pcx and all is now well. Thanks for the help :)

Metalfist

Nov 6, 2010
.bmp files should be compressed to 8 bit ones and pcx with indexed colors to make it work. Also too big textures (bigger than 512x512) can cause some renderproblems with some (older) renderers.
You can also save as .pcx file in photoshop