yet another problem being faced

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

JonnyBoy

alive
Jun 6, 2000
Visit site
ok, as im sure you know from previous posts my unrealed sucks when it comes to putting down lights because it freezes every time i put one down. well, what i did was put down a light, do a rebuild, put down a light, do rebuild..etc. well that worked pretty good but if i moved the mouse around too much in textured or lighting view it still froze. so, i FINALLY finished my dm-boonisland map and was about to go take some pics of it to put it on this board, but i had a problem. after walking around for a while looking at my map what did it do? it froze during gameplay which is a total first for me. the freeze was quite similar to a freeze i would get while putting down lights. does anyone know how to fix this? thanks a lot.

Spooge

Digital Content Creator
Jul 9, 2000
TN -USA
www.planetunreal.com
Eeeee

Man that's rough!

First off, I get the feeling you might have some hardware/driver issues. Give us some spec's, try and name everything you can in your system and give software version when you can. Include your OS and revision. Most importantly your display card/drivers. AND the version (patch) of Unreal you are running. Also is it UnrealEd 1 or 2?

SP2.gif

Come on in, sit down, let me take your head off!

JonnyBoy

alive
Jun 6, 2000
Visit site
ok

alrighti have unrealed 2 with all of the patches up to 228, so i have unrealtournament 228 as well. i have a diamond viper video card which when used makes the games textures solid colors, so i use software rendering, so that probably has no effect. my pentium is 400meghahertz(spelling???) i use windows 98, soon to be 2000. i have 3 drives, a, c, and d, and a zip drive. thats about all i can name off, im kinda dumb when it comes to computers if you can't tell /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

JB.gif

JonnyBoy

alive
Jun 6, 2000
Visit site
oh yeah

at the time it seems like there are no problems when running the level, but my unrealed still crashes when i place in lights.

JB.gif