1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Yahoo IM handles for those wishing to meet in game

Discussion in 'General UTXMP Discussion' started by Skaxis, Mar 3, 2005.

1. Skaxis

Skaxis New Member

My yahoo handle is: "fretboardmaniac"

Please feel free to add if you want to see when there are others playing UTXMP. Be warned I may even play if nobody is on though I generally don't hang around for more than 2 or 3 empty maps.

I would be happy to add anybody elses Yahoo to my messenger list to help find more peeps into the game at most times of the evening... (I am on PST in WA State USA).

....... This is where I had originally placed a long rant about why I like UTXMP more than U2XMP...... Rather than leave this rubbish here and engender any greater divisiveness among XMP players than has already been done by such foolishness, I have decided to delete it, leaving only this mention of it so as to help tie this thread back together just a bit... also to explain that some of the responses are to this somewhat ill-placed rant.......
    - Skaxis

Friday & Saturday nights are a great time to find people in UTXMP
    ROCK ON! \m/_ ( > .. < ) _\m/

Last edited: May 20, 2005
  2. theomniproject

theomniproject .::.

my yahoo name is theomniproject, big surprise huh? but like skaxis was saying... utxmp is a great game... nuff said.

3. pistos

pistos New Member

my yahoo name is: p1s70s

4. GotBeer?

GotBeer? The nozzle is now calibrating

Yeah, I'm thinkin' you should play more, post less. :D

5. (GR)Killer

(GR)Killer ...

I'm still trying to think wtf he was talking about :mad:

6. Dandeloreon1984

Dandeloreon1984 CXP Director

hmm... the nobull members have xfire... and yahoo... might i recommend also adding this to include xfire... i'm Dandel1984 on xfire.

7. cyb

cyb New Member

Well, where the freck do you live? On the moon? Many people get enough fps and have a decent connection to a server, even without such a powerfull pc you just mentioned above. :rolleyes:

8. (GR)Killer

(GR)Killer ...

I have a good vid car getting 40-60 fps and i still get crappy connection and it's just these games i get bad con with, others it's fine.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2005
  9. cyb

cyb New Member

well, the problem is the lack of servers in your area, not the game itself.

10. [LNS]ICovetYourChild

[LNS]ICovetYourChild =vÐ=ICovetYourChild

11. PRG

PRG XMP Beta Tester

Last edited: Apr 10, 2005
  12. Jackal

Jackal Crapass

xfire is teh bettar!

MSN: Unuserfriendly@hotmail.com
    AIM: TheJackalXMP
    Yahoo: TheJackalXMP
    Xfire: TheJackal|CFH|

I use trillian pro so you can get a hold of me for no reason EVER whenever you feel the need to ask me a lame question or see if im playing games.

13. dutch_gecko

dutch_gecko Think Pink

XFire is better: dutchgecko

14. AshTrai

AshTrai CaSuAlTy Of SoCiEtY

xfire is teh win

15. Skaxis

Skaxis New Member

Hmmm

I live in Everett, WA. Perhaps UTXMP just plays SOO good that even if U2 was decent, it doesn't stack up. I think I was also on a very loaded server most recently in U2... Lag can be expected there, though the only time I am not bouncing and jaggin from lag is when there are less than 5 people on the server (u2).

I "buy" the not enough good access routes via server pitch there.

[LNS]ICovetYourChild... :) Point taken. If nobody objects I wouldn't mind editing my post to tone it down... I posted that rant in a moment of passion about how superior UTXMP is to U2XMP (on my computer in my neck of the woods of WA State). This was fueled partially by the LONG LONG wait for both the recent hardware upgrade and the release of UTXMP beta.

PRG.... As to our website status & long loadingz... I s'pose I need to change my sig 'till there is a hosted place for it. I also lost it when my computer got reformatted by my bro when he built it for me :p, so I'd have to get it (if it still exists) from anybody else who might have a copy of it (probably [_X_]Ignite.) Regarding "where IS our website"... I think we have it somewhere lol... I haven't visited it much tho ... & I believe this is a temporary location.

http://thexecutioners.proboards44.com/index.cgi

I THINK we are in between forums 'till XMP picks up more steam again.

16. Towanda

Towanda New Member

On my pc u2xmp actaully gives me better fps then utxmp and u2xmp runs smoother.
    Abit NF7-S, XP2500-m @ 2100mhz, 512mb DDR PC 333, Radeon9800XT 256MB.

17. Jackal

Jackal Crapass

i run xmp at 1024x768 full settings get great FPS (about 40) on Sircco
    i run UTXMP at 1280x1024 full settings get great FPS (about50) on Sircco

running on a TI4600 btw

18. theomniproject

theomniproject .::.

wouldnt the fps count have more to do with the level design? i have noticed a slight difference in the smoothness of the 2 versions and my vote would have to go 2 utxmp. it seems to me like the u2 engine renders the mouse movemeant a slight bit more "jerky". maby it could be other things affecting it like the fact that i use ut2k4 more and it is optimised as a freqently used program on my comp. all things aside xmp is a great game! :) no matter what version you play!!! some things that utxmp has over u2xmmp is the exsistence of a master server (cause no matter what i hear i havnt seen one in forever for u2xmp) things like map vote is a plus too. but no matter what version you play... long live xmp

19. pinkrevolver04

pinkrevolver04 New Member

I use trillian pro so you can get a hold of me for no reason EVER whenever you feel the need to ask me a lame question or see if im playing games.

YOU SHOULD be studying bc you have a test coming up soon...so pple should not be bothing you at ALL!...BEEEach

20. Creig

Creig Back from the dead