"XMP will live to die another day"

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

PRG

XMP Beta Tester
Nov 11, 2003
Visit site
Zaknafein said:
Zaknafein Quote:
ftw = f*ck the what

Dead wrong. It's an old biker/punk thing/abbreviation(prolly Biker first) that goes back at least into the '70's that migrated somehow onto the net:
F*ck The World.

I know a bunch of punks and bikers who have FTW tattoo'ed on them.
I assure you, they mean nothing about "for the win."

flack ho said:
OMF
OMF
not retarded

Case in point!!!

(vote for Covet, he doesn't say OMF!!!!)

GotBeer?

The nozzle is now calibrating
Mar 10, 2004
57th State
Nikki Six from Motley Crue has FTW tattooed on his arm, and I'm pretty sure it doesn't stand for 'for the win' or 'free the whales' (which is what I told a friend's Mom way back in '86 or '87 when I went to a Halloween party as Nikki).

ywb? 'You Wanking Bastard'?

Orv

Jan 3, 2004
Yeah well...
Everyone under about 30 seems to define the word "GAY" entirely different than those over 30.
Who's right?
Heh.
First it was happy, then it was used to deride homosexuals, and finally it ended up being used as a catch all to express displeasure towards something.

The cute thing is that if you call somebody on using the term... they usually respond with a really friendly acronymn that is totally universal in meaning.

"STFU!"

LOL,
--Orv