XMP translation

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Loibisch

The Odd Member
Jan 3, 2000
Germany
www.carpeimperium.com
boohoo, :lol:
You've not been around long enough to know that this was even more than harmless.

Also why do you guys need to translate everything? Ain't a common English version that everyone can understand a lot better? Or do you want to further alienate the French players from the rest of the world? I don't get it.

Scott Dalton

Ex-Legend Guy
Jan 3, 2002
www.valvesoftware.com
Unreal 2 SE will come out in multiple languages, from what I understand. When this happens, we -may- be able to release those files for those of you who have downloaded the US version already too.

Jun 3, 2001
England
Visit site
Loibisch said:
Also why do you guys need to translate everything? Ain't a common English version that everyone can understand a lot better?

Not everyone can understand English though. The whole point of him translating from English to French is so that they can understand the game much easier, and when someone says, "We need defense" or something they can actually understand it rather than stop playing and go look up what that means in French.

Xaero

Who Dey!
Oct 11, 2003
Cincinnati
www.xaero.us
Lord knows, if I were to get a game all in French, German, Japaneese, whatever, I would likely quit playing rather than learn the language. So perhaps translations would bring on more gamers.

Status
Not open for further replies.