1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

XMP Stock Map Bugs

Discussion in 'General UTXMP Discussion' started by IndianPsycho, Aug 25, 2004.

1. IndianPsycho

IndianPsycho Registered user

Please post known bugs in the XMP stock maps here (preferably with a screenshot) so that they may be fixed in UTXMP.
    I'll be deleting all off-topic/unhelpful posts in this thread.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2004
  2. Bleeder

Bleeder Co-Founder, U2XMP [Ч] Clan

Garden - stuck in front corner of base using raptor w/ boost.

Attached Files:

3. Bleeder

Rampant- Hole in map along side wall

People (gunners specifically) have hidden arti's down here. It is hard because you fall very far; I believe they are using the gunner rocket launcher trick to soften their fall in order to survive it.

Attached Files:

4. Bleeder

SunsetBeach - Look at the radar. I like hiding w/ arti here because people think I'm in a hacked part of the map and can't get me, thanks to the radar map not being extended to all corners. FMI should make sure the Radar maps extend to all edges/corners of the actual maps!

There is also a hole or two in this map somewhere. One is outside, getting under the ground somewhere. The other is in a corner in the cave, where it is fun to hide a turret or two :)

Attached Files:

5. Bleeder

IndianPsycho, you should make this a sticky in the U2XMP forum also. Just place a link to here, and have Xaero lock the thread but keep it sticky.

6. Xaero

Xaero Who Dey!

Any map where terrain is upside down has the possibility of getting behind this. I know this was pretty much fixed in Sunset Beach, but rampant has a few tricky spots.

7. Naib

Naib New Member

Map hole above the red base in garden

Attached Files:

8. Xaero

Xaero Who Dey!

Indy is perfectly capable of locking threads in that forum himself, but I appreciate the thought. ;) :D

9. Bleeder

Alcazar - Someone help me with this one. There are holes all over :( You can get to edges of the map very easily with slope/dodge-boost/mine jumps, or even with a tank slowly driving up the mountainsides. At some of these edges, if you push over the edge, or fall down the side of the mountain while hugging it, you fall behind/under the map :(

Here is one I can reproduce ez, although, again, I think it is only survivable w/ a gunner firing a rocket just before hitting bottom. It's about halfway between me and the tank... hang close to the wall and fall there. You will fall into limbo :(

Attached Files:

10. Mantik

Mantik Master Beta

Damnit Bleeder I spent 45 minutes tonight making my own screenshots for all those holes and I come here and find out that you've already done them all. You sir, suck ;P

There is a hole in Sunset Beach I've gotten a half a dozen times in the basement that gets you stuck under the base, but I haven't been able to duplicate it. Quite a few other holes I've found that I can't duplicate, but get stuck in every now and then.. most include getting stuck inside of something, and not necessarily a hole that you can fall into.. I'll remember to take screenshots of them next time they happen.

:?

11. Mantik

Mantik Master Beta

Ok, I found the Sunset hole.

Attached Files:

12. [Lithium]

[Lithium] New Member

Sunsetbeech

[​IMG]

The pink dot shows where if you crouch and walk over to you can then jump up into the map.

Sunsetbeech/Garden

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

These map bugs arnt ones where you can use to get behind the map, they are more just graphical errors, but errors all the same. The errors where the faces are not properly aligned are in both Sunsetbeech and Garden along the outside of the inner node room for both blue and red bases.

Garden

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

These first images show where if you drive a raptor you can get behind the map. The last shot is one of me behind the red wall in the previous image with the raptor I used to get in there beside me.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

The last two images show where you can jump into geometry right behind and above the garage doors on both sides of both the bule and red bases. In the first shot the reticule is over the part that I jumped up into in the second shot.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

The last three images show a very thin face on a rock that sticks up that I've been caught on on more than one occation. I have at least one memory of running an artie and getting killed b/c I didn't have enough skill points to boost jump over it, really annoying. While not a huge bug I hope it gets fixed all the same.

I bet the new UTXMP vehicle code will fix most if not all of the vehicle map bugs in XMP. I know there are many more bugs on the other stock maps I just havn't gotten around to them yet :)

13. iddQd

iddQd Yours truly

Ok a few Lowlands bugs.

Screen1
    It's the pipe at Landlocket Deploypoint which isn't totally connectied to the side, looks crappy.

Screen2
    This is just behind the artifact nodes in Lowlands, if you stand here you get totally stuck and have to suicide.

Attached Files:

14. iddQd

iddQd Yours truly

Oh and as you probably knew, you can boost jump as a ranger up onto the mountains in Sirocco... if you didn't, tell me and I'll show you.

15. Zaknafein

Zaknafein XMP Beta Tester

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD ...

Fix the map bug in Lowlands behind the inland generator deploy. The area around the round vent (torwards the blue side) has been a thorn in my side for far too long.

16. Mantik

Mantik Master Beta

Got screens?

17. ScorpioProX

ScorpioProX New Member

Hi don’t know if you guy's know this but the mountains in Sirocco are not so save to drive on...
    AND I LIKE TO DRIVE!! :D
    So here is a pick of the bug, also its not save to drive close to the site of the map up there (Close to the deploy point) no pick from that...

As you can see there is an invisible floor there... :eek:
    But when you’re on it there is no telling what will happen, I kept driving off at first. But as you see I find a way to stop the car, just so I was able to show you this!
    When it stopped it did not wanted move again... :mad:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 3, 2004
  18. iddQd

iddQd Yours truly

Well Legend didn't make it possible to even be there on purpose. If FMI's smart they'll put up invisible walls so one cant get up there at all.

19. NRK

NRK Nercury

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :D

20. ScorpioProX

ScorpioProX New Member

Why, is it 2 unreal?
    It just adds to the diversity of the game...
    I mean getting up there does not make you win the game; it’s just another possibility...
    Well in my opinion...

Last edited: Sep 3, 2004