XMP maps

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

[CC][D]Chief

Leader of the tribe
Aug 23, 2004
Europe
www.conclave.cc
First of all I'd like to say hiya to the community here. I am new arounds these parts and am thrilled to see that a dedicated team is making a conversion of XMP from U2 to UT2004. :notworthy:

That being said I had a question with regard to the maps that will be available for UTXMP when it comes out in September. Will the maps in the package be completely new or will they be rebuilds from the original XMP maps?

Also, how many maps will there be in the first release? Just to add: if this has already been displayed somewhere or been asked before then by all means slap me silly :p

Pro^Kp

[DCSB]Callisto/Talon|Se7eN
Jan 24, 2004
As far as we have been told its a good bet that all of the original maps will be converted (except Freefall) and there's a bunch of new ones.

[CC][D]Chief

Leader of the tribe
Aug 23, 2004
Europe
www.conclave.cc
Oh thank you, thank you. :notworthy: I don't know for the other people here but imo Freefall was a map which was more designed with the idea of "nice looks" than for actual solid gameplay. So I won't miss it ;)

Pro^Kp

[DCSB]Callisto/Talon|Se7eN
Jan 24, 2004
These are the new maps that we know (taken from the screenshots)

XMP-Valleyofapes
XMP-Orthala
XMP-Fox
XMP-Aftermath
XMP-Wonderwoods2
XMP-Crashflight

Xaero

Who Dey!
Oct 11, 2003
Cincinnati
www.xaero.us
Current fan-based maps currently in production also include
XMP-Dross
XMP-Corina
XMP-RedPlanet
XMP-Botanic

Theres a couple others that I know are being worked on, but no guarentee any of these will be released.

The Big Noz

Jun 2, 2004
FREEFALL is it the map with the great tower on the center and the teleporting mirror?
if it's that map: i hate it, the only great element is the tower with the 2 way broken on the side! the double gameplay on the ground and on the tower is cool! but the teleporter are awfull!

[GDC]Faust

Goblin Hunter
Apr 29, 2004
www.gamersdungeon.de
nope, that's alcazar... DON'T DISS ALCAZARRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!

Whatever, Freefall is the map with all the asteroids and lowgrav, you probably didn't play that 1 online yet.

The Big Noz

Jun 2, 2004
ok i'm sorry for Alcazar, i have played alone on it (by passing by the editor, load map and play it) then ok it's a good map, in fact i allways lose myself with the teleporter! i'm noob!

i have test freefall alone too. i don't know for you but i tought it must be hard to play because the low gravity and the sniper must kill you in 2 sec.
but if you like it i said long live to freefall!

and sorry again for my newbis confusion! :(