XMP mapping

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

-{SC}- Renamon

BigHead Bot Master
Jul 27, 2004
How exactly do you map? I can't even move a ROCK in the editor :mad:

If I could ever figure this out, then some really neat maps will start pouring out in very *smelly* packs. Hehe.

Dragon_Myr

Mar 4, 2004
-{SC}- Renamon said:
How exactly do you map?

Personally I learn from watching an experienced user at work. Try getting your hands on a copy of UT2004 SE or getting the VTM's directly from www.3dbuzz.com . Their tutorials is what got me started.

It will take you several tries at XMP mapping to get it right.

awillan86

The Master of 3D: Death Doom and Demise
Jul 27, 2004
Maryland, USA
Ya, try to find some decent tutorials. Just remember, the area you see in the editor is like a huge space of solid matter. Subtract a large cube, then add whatever you want within it. And a note on those 3dbuzz tutorials, they are awesome. Before I got UT2K4, I made a decent map in the original UT, but after watching several of those, I know how to do so much more. They are very good at what they do. Of course that is not saying there are better tutorials out there, but 3dbuzz rocks!