1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

XMP Is Coming!

Discussion in 'News & Articles' started by RaptoR, Dec 9, 2003.

1. tsx_neo

tsx_neo New Member

thanks for the gamespy site

2. Famous

Famous Guest

We need MIRRORS!!!!!!!

3. KJAX

KJAX Gamer 4 Life

Ahh, the second coming has arrived. :)

4. MachDelta

MachDelta Haphazard Nobody

... and the people did rejoice. :D

5. FunGun

FunGun *klonk*

the first of ur mirrors is f*cked...
    only 133 mb big and u cant open it...gg

6. Harkon28

Harkon28 Guest

I'm downloading now from 3dgamers at my home...

I'm from Spain and fortunately i'm working now so when i arrive at my home the XMP will be there waiting for me...

PD: I was woken up till 2:00 am (Spain time, i think is +1 hour GMT) and the XMP was not there, i put it to download at 9:45 (+1 GMT)and today is wednesday.

7. iddQd

iddQd Yours truly

As you said FunGum, eDomes mirror is fekked! Fix it BU!

8. tsx_neo

tsx_neo New Member

9. tsx_neo

tsx_neo New Member

10. SINNER~KILLJOY

SINNER~KILLJOY GAMMING GOD

Dude you need the CD in your CD rom drive so the installer knows you have a legal copy of the game.
    Gezz......
    SINNER~KILLJOY:shock:

11. tsx_neo

tsx_neo New Member

yeah i know

the cd is in my drive but it still not install it???? :(

12. bullethead

bullethead Guest

Im having the same problems.
    Ive uninstalled and reinstalled Unreal II and pathced it to latest version. Ive download the XMP retail patch and it sayd "insert Unreal II play disc and restart setup" but the disc is already in. Its a legal retail copy of the game so no thats not the problem. I can play Unreal II so I know my machine can read the disc.
    Not sure whats going and havent seen anything writen about it yet on any of the other support forums other then this thread.
    Any info would greatly be appriciated.
    Thanks

13. SINNER~KILLJOY

SINNER~KILLJOY GAMMING GOD

Hey Guys,
    How big was your dowmload of UT2XMP? I heard there was a bad release of the game. Your total size of the download should be about 274.12 Mbs.If not you got a bad download and might have to re-download it again.Just so you know this also, you don't even need Unreal2 installed on your computer to install the XMP game as long as you have the Unreal2 playdisk in your drive.
    Hope this helps out and good luck.
    SINNER~KILLJOY :shock:

14. GRAF1K

GRAF1K ****** Kamikaze

Disk Not Reading Properly

I've had problems with Unreal not reading the CD because it's attempting to read the wrong drive letter due to an INI setting... it's an idea anyway. :)

15. SirYawnalot

SirYawnalot Guest

Yeah, just shooting in the dark here but try making sure you put the disc in drive D. Jedi Academy doesn't recognise any cd-rom drives other than D on my comp, so chances are it might be the same with XMP.

16. hal

hal Dictator Staff Member

All I want to add to this thread is that Legend did a kick ass job on XMP. They didn't have to do this, the game has already been out for ages. Lots of free time was used on it too.

It's got that Unreal feel and it's unique and complex, and it just flat out rocks. :tup:

I got to play the beta in many stages and I'm still just blown away.

17. Some fooked mirrors out there

I DL'd from the US mirror for FileFront last night and wound up with only a 199mb file and then attempted a second DL from the same mirror with only a 45mb file detected.

For US downloads try FactoryUnreal. So far so good.

18. hal

hal Dictator Staff Member

I don't think it's a specific corrupt file. I think somehow the connection is getting reset somewhere because I've downloaded it twice from two different mirrors and it has been fine.

19. ccgr

ccgr New Member

20. bullethead

bullethead Guest

Still having the problems with the during running the u2xmp_6497_usa set at when it gets to the end it says "insert play disc and try set up again.

The size of the file and the letter of the CD room are one of the first things I checked.
    The size is 274 MB (287,441,237 bytes)
    Size on disc is 274 MB (287,473,664 bytes)
    and my CD rom is on drive D:
    when the setup program is running I see my disc fire up and the light reading the disk.
    The disc isnt bad since I have loaded the game 2 times to test this. The standard game reads the disc and plays fine from it.
    A few other things I'll try is installing the u2xmp_6497_usa on my server and if that works maybe swapping CD's with my gaming rig to see if thats a problem.
    If theres ever a bug in a peice of software or hardware I'll always manage to get it :) hahaha
    Getting tired of playing the Gardens map on the demo, pray that I can get this working soon, hehehe