XMaps and a Horse's Head - Help !?!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

TouchStone

Jun 20, 2000
Manchester, UK
www.planetunreal.com
With the release of XMaps 222, users are reporting that a horse's head gets dumped into the level whenever they use the HUD Menu (6Kb shot attached).

Does anyone have a clue what this is, or more specifically, why it gets placed in the running level?

Many thanks for any advice,

TouchStone.

OshadowO

Irregular
Feb 10, 2000
CA
I don't know what Xmaps 222 is but that is the icon used by Ued for various things.
LiftCenters/Exits, Altpaths come to mind. If Xmaps is a mod its probably chaning the tags properties..ie bhidden(i think that's it) to false.
But this is just guess work on my part.

TouchStone

Jun 20, 2000
Manchester, UK
www.planetunreal.com
Yep, that's it ... to get around the UT garbage collection problem that was causing the client GPFs, I encapsulated the HUD Menu as an Actor. But, that Actor wasn't 'bHidden' by default. Argh!

Hopefully I'll get a new release out before I go away on holiday...

Thanks for the help,

TouchStone.