XFire Support Petition

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004
COR has it, RO has it. Why don't we?

We should go spam the XFire forums so they give UTXMP proper XFire support. :mad:

pistos

Mar 18, 2004
I recall reading somewhere that xfire will add UTXMP as soon as it is a final release. Betas (works in progress) apparently don't get added.

...andrelax

SkyBum
Mar 14, 2004
london, uk
Get Qtracker instead.

The guy who wrote it makes an effort to support popular games.
it works now

qtracker.gif

Spacelord (GER)

Apocalypse Dude
Feb 12, 2004
Germany
You can`t see &chat with your friends playing in Q-Tracker, can you ?

I've preferd Q-Tracker through the Master Server down - times in U2XMP - now I`m using the ingame browser.

But: Q-Tracker>ASE>Gamespy. It`s worth a try!

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004
I was kidding about spamming :haha: I was just thinking of starting a thread on their site and getting everyone to sign it

fireball said:
... I was going to give my support until I saw the spam part.

Pistos, for some reason I thought COR was still beta. Apparently 1.01 doesn't mean beta in the real world... oops

Last edited:

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004
Sweet news.

The Jackal-XMP said:
I've already talked to the XFire guys. They replied to me saying that once UTXMP comes closer to a final build, they will add it in. But until then, they won't do anything.

zombiewoof

Rokk Fiddler, Farmer
Oct 2, 2003
Oaksterdam, California
Visit site
I uninstalled xfire a while ago. Every time I used it my machine would cough up some sort of green slime, get nosebleeds and then just get up, unplug itself then go outside for a cigarette. I had to lure it back into the house with beer. Has this prog been patched, improved?

pistos

Mar 18, 2004
I have not had any trouble with xfire. Very solid. I did have trouble with the newer version of All Seeing Eye though. It got pulled from my rig and will not be receiving a home there again any time soon.

...andrelax

SkyBum
Mar 14, 2004
london, uk
zombiewoof said:
I uninstalled xfire a while ago. Every time I used it my machine would cough up some sort of green slime, get nosebleeds and then just get up, unplug itself then go outside for a cigarette. I had to lure it back into the house with beer. Has this prog been patched, improved?

my favorite post this year

dutch_gecko

Think Pink
Jun 16, 2004
www.dutch-gecko.co.uk
zombiewoof said:
Your problem is clearly that you have been stressing your PC out too much.All that hard map rendering is getting to its memory, you should really let it unwind and have a match of UTXMP online with some people. If your PC learns that this is more fun, it may let you run XFire again, since it's a precursor to the fun.
;)