1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Xenon : Micro Transactions

Discussion in 'Modeling & Skinning' started by MadMaty2005, Mar 18, 2005.

1. MadMaty2005

MadMaty2005 New Member

In a recent interview with a guy from Microsoft, He pointed out that with the Xbox 2 (Xenon) Gamers will be able to edit content such as levels or race tracks using a windows computer, then put them back onto the xbox. He also said that if the user wanted, he could put his content over XBOX live "MarketPlace" for all to download, and even charge for it (optional) . For example, somebody could make a building in the game purple, and then sell it for 10 cents.

Of course, we dont know what kind of tools we will be able to use for modding xbox 2 games. For all we know, will not be able to create content such as maps, but it certainly sounds promising. I did however read an interview in official xbox magazine, that said somthing along the lines of:

"In the future generations of consoles, Users will be able to create custom content of many kinds, and essentially create there own games from scratch"

Lets say it would be possible to use Unreal Ed (on windows) to create a map, then transfer it onto the xbox2.
    I can see it being a good way to make money for map\mod makers : Selling your maps over xbox live for, say, a buck per download.

Kinda like turbosquid, but the buyers would be casual gamers.

How do other people feel about this?

2. scott_bris

scott_bris Defence Alliance Modeller

Does anyone charge for custom maps at the moment, i know i will never buy a map..