1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

xenForo Upgrade Discussion

Discussion in 'Site Discussion / Suggestions' started by Sir_Brizz, Dec 29, 2014.

1. Arnox

Arnox UT99/2004 Mod Crazy

Sounds good. Yeah, I REALLY don't like Internet Brands these days either for pretty much the same reasons. I think they're just living off the past success of vBulletin 4 now.

Out of curiosity, does it look like XenForo is as feature-complete then as vBulletin 4.2.2? It didn't look like it last time I checked. (which was a while ago)

2. Sir_Brizz

Sir_Brizz Administrator Staff Member

Out of the box it doesn't have several things like social groups and user photo albums. I've found add-ons for most of that stuff but several of them are paid and we didn't really use them much anyway. If people really want them back, though, I'm not opposed to it. Most of them are one time fees.

Tags are one thing I'm on the fence about. I liked them but they also weren't really used for anything "real". However, I think over time we will figure out what we liked and didn't like and bring some of the features back. xenForo has a huge community of add-on developers (it seems even bigger than vB these days to me) that are pretty active and keep their add-ons pretty updated. You can find those here:

https://xenforo.com/community/resources/categories/add-ons.28/

3. Sir_Brizz

Sir_Brizz Administrator Staff Member

4. _Lynx

_Lynx Strategic Military Services Staff Member

The white skin is up!

5. Arnox

Arnox UT99/2004 Mod Crazy

White skin definitely doesn't look too shabby at all. But where's the main BU logo that we all know and love?

6. Al

Al Reaper

Bruzz: All the videos in the OT youtube thread are broken because of the [m] tag. FYI.

7. Trustingsoup

Trustingsoup Cannon fodder

Liking the update, much better on mobile now.

8. Hunter

Hunter BeyondUnreal Newsie

This, it is so much nicer to browse BuF on the shitter now, I'm not longer going to need games to occupy my time! :D

9. Manticore

Manticore Official BUF Birthday Spammer

I'm using the Classic theme but I find the white b/g and amount of white to be a bit too much. Something in a grey-scale would be nice at sometime in the future. :)

[Edit]Actually I've just gone back to the Master them..... it's darker and easier on my eyes. Personal preferences and all that......... but this new board software is A1.[/Edit]

10. Hunter

Hunter BeyondUnreal Newsie

Am I the only one missing an edit button?

11. Al

Al Reaper

Hunter: If using the Master theme, it's here:

[​IMG]

Hunter and JohnDoe641 like this.