Xbox 360 Slim

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Anyone getting this?

It was perfect timing for me because I was just telling my wife to get me a 360 Elite 120gb for Father's Day and they made this announcement so I have already pre-ordered it :D I was fretting about how I was going to hook it up to the internet when both of my TVs are at least 40 feet from the nearest ethernet and the wifi adapter is ridiculously expensive, but now I don't have to worry about it! YAY!

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/hardware/x/xbox360250GBconsole/

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I dunno, I like it. It's more "PC" than "console" and I didn't really care for the hourglass shape of the original 360.

Breadtruck

All's Well That Ends Well
Feb 6, 2005
Maine
I actually might end up getting one. My 360 is one of the original ones that came out back in the day, and it's had all sorts of red ring issues. The day it finally screws up to the point I need to pay to fix it is the day I'll buy a new one.

Mar 19, 2002
Denver Co. USA
Visit site
I'll probably jump in with this version; been missing out on too many 360 games.
I just couldn't justify buying something that's dead on arrival.

Maybe the 5th time's a charm, eh Microsoft?

Fuzzle

spam noob
Jan 29, 2006
Norway
I'm intrigued by the promise of a much quieter box, but I'm not going to toss out my old one for it.

The integrated wifi sounds pretty handy as well, since at the moment I have to hook my box up to my pc which is connected to the router. It works, but comes with a few headaches like cables and mysteriously getting disconnected every time I turn my box on and off.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Who cares if it still runs on DVDs? There aren't games on any other medium for the console anyway.

Bi()ha2arD

Toxic!
Jun 29, 2009
Germany
phobos.qml.net
Soooooooooo, instead of building a new console, they release the same console in a slightly smaller case?
Well, Sony does that too.

Who cares if it still runs on DVDs? There aren't games on any other medium for the console anyway.

OFC there aren't any because it can't read them. And now there still won't be any because it still won't be able to read them. Oh, and you can't use it as blu-ray player like the PS3.

Last edited:

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004
Yeah not getting one. There's nothing on the system that really excites me which I can't already get on PC or with a PS3.

I dunno, I like it. It's more "PC" than "console" and I didn't really care for the hourglass shape of the original 360.

This is still hourglass/X shaped though. The old shells looked like some of Dell's smaller form factors.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
OFC there aren't any because it can't read them. And now there still won't be any because it still won't be able to read them. Oh, and you can't use it as blu-ray player like the PS3.
It's likely that supporting blu-ray for games would require architectural changes in the Xbox OS that wouldn't really be worth the cost at this point, considering how long the system has been out. Plus, I honestly just don't give a crap about Blu Ray right now and probably won't until Blu Ray movies get cheaper along with the fancier Blu Ray players.
This is still hourglass/X shaped though. The old shells looked like some of Dell's smaller form factors.
It's more X than hourglass. This one looks way more like a PC case than the old form factor.

Lizard Of Oz

Demented Avenger
Oct 25, 1998
In a cave & grooving with a Pict
www.nsa.gov
It's likely that supporting blu-ray for games would require architectural changes in the Xbox OS that wouldn't really be worth the cost at this point, considering how long the system has been out. Plus, I honestly just don't give a crap about Blu Ray right now and probably won't until Blu Ray movies get cheaper along with the fancier Blu Ray players.

It's more X than hourglass. This one looks way more like a PC case than the old form factor.

Renting Blu-Ray movies from Netflix cost the same as renting DVDs.

Last edited:

Mclogenog

I put the lol in philology
I don't know. I might buy it. My xbox is one of the originals. I've had to ship it in 3 times. And watching movies, especially drama or horror (action and comedy not so much), sucks with the system running as loudly as it does.