Xan Mk III skin - Bug-Eye'd Xan

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

JohnnySix

Caffienated Haemoglobin
Apr 6, 2002
England
planetunreal.com
Here's the latest Work In Progress shot. I've not skinned anything since UT, and am finding it both liberating and restricting to work on higher res UV maps and higer poly models.

I've got loads more scope for adding detail, but less for radical stuff, on the original Xan, and the Xan Mk II (Bonus Pack 4), the faces were near enough flat, leaving a lot of options for doing stupid stuff with cartoon eyes, but now, with the higher poly version, the visor is sculpted in, allowing less room for the whole bug-eyed-ness I'd done on the original.

Here's the original :

pic2_id1427.jpg

And here's the new UT2004 version.

Promo1.jpg

I'm still trying to figure what to do with all the mechanical bits, especially the vent things.

Also, has anyone found a way to change the third "stomache wires" texture?

Last edited:

JohnnySix

Caffienated Haemoglobin
Apr 6, 2002
England
planetunreal.com
hehe, Yeah, I guess he's kinda super-hero coloured. :D

I decided to try him out in game and add some shiney shaders to make the chrome all.. shiney..

The stickman's just a placeholder thing from an earlier test that's still stayed in the Bot roster for some reason. :p

PromoB2.jpg

PromoB3.jpg

PromoB4.jpg

PromoB5.jpg

Kid InFeRnO

Censored By Madd
Dec 25, 2004
Between Four Walls
Or if ur going in the Cartoon Direction add something stupid like a Heart or a joke like (Caution: Doesnt Play Well)Or add like spikes OR SUPER HERO LOGOS lol the Bat Sign