1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Xan Mark II Skin

Discussion in 'Modeling & Skinning' started by Raven8705, Nov 15, 2005.

1. Raven8705

Raven8705 New Member

Hey, I am looking to work on some skinning (my first time), and would like to edit the Xan Mark II skin for my own use in UT. However, I can't for the life of me find the texture *.utx file... can anyone help me out, please?

2. klasnic

klasnic ra ra rat Putin!

Is the Xan Mark II a custom model, Raven? If it is you'll need the author's permission if you intend making the skin public. If it's for your own use then it'd be okay but let the author know anyway just to be safe ;)

That said, however, if it's just an animation file then, in the editor open the .ukx file and in the menu goto Filter - Show All and click on the texture tab. You should see the textures then :)

3. SaD

SaD Skincollecting Fanatic

No , it came with one of the BonusPacks .

Raven you can try the UT-Skinmaker .
    Don´t know if Xan Mark II is supported.

About UT-Skinmaker :
    This tool can create Unreal Tournament texture packages to be used as player skins. You don't need to use UnrealED!
    The program allows you to create a skin project using the UT models (or others), add the textures and finally create the UTX/INT files.

4. klasnic

klasnic ra ra rat Putin!

:eek: OMG lol disregard anything I said so as I know nothing about UT :lol:

Thanks SaD you were quick to jump in luckily :D

5. Raven8705

Raven8705 New Member

Yeah, UT Skinmaker works. I just wanted to edit the original Xan mark II skin for my personal use, but i couldn;'t find the file to extract with unrealEd.

However, the point is now moot, because I just got UT 2K4. :lol:

6. 3dorganic

3dorganic New Member

hi
    i want someone tell me some modelling tutorils for characters

7. SaD

SaD Skincollecting Fanatic

Don´t hijack threads 3dorganic.