1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

WyRM: Horde Control

Discussion in 'Ask a Coder' started by Juscari, Jul 9, 2003.

1. Juscari

Juscari New Member

I have tired to load this mod and keep getting the error message:
    Warning: Failed to load 'Drone': Can't find file 'Drone'
    Critical: Failed to load 'Drone': Can't find file 'Drone'
    Critical: Windows GetLastError: The operation completed successfully. (0)
    Exit: Executing UObject::StaticShutdownAfterError

I'm not sure if i'm doing something wrong or if maybe I ddin't get something I need. Can you please help?
    Thanks
    Juscari

2. Devourer

Devourer New Member

I am getting the exact same problem.... Can any1 help?

3. EvilDrWong

EvilDrWong Every line of code elevates you

Were you running anything else besides HC? It looks like somethin got real screwed up along the line. Maybe a reinstall of HC would fix it?

4. Devourer

Devourer New Member

Well.. I figured out that if you leave the line ServerPackages=Drone out of the UT2003.ini that it works as long as you don't select the Drone monster.. But this mod seems to crash my comp pretty regularly.. Mayeb its a patch conflict? Does any1 know if there is an update in the works or already out for the latest patch? My downloaded version says wyrm-hc-r1.zip Its not an installer either.. Not that it was hard to install but maybe I didn't get all the files that are supposed to be in this zip!?!?!? oh.. No I wasn't running anything else besides HC.. I would like to suggest a setting for the amount of monsters if possible & can some1 explain the (Waves) number to me?? I think default is 90ish... I have no idea what that means & in teh regular game with or without HC it seems to go on & on untill all the humans die & lose the map... Is it possible to win & go to the next map? Sorry if these are newb questions.. but I have actually owned UT2k3 since the day it was on store shelves & actually just started playing after getting bored with RTCW & MOHAA/Spearhead.

5. DeeZNutZ

DeeZNutZ New Member

I had a bad time with this one, but finally got it working.
    From Kang's readme:
    Notes:
    --to use WyRM: Horde Control in a network game, you need to add the following lines to your ServerPackages list:
    ServerPackages=Invasion_Kang
    ServerPackages=Drone
    ServerPackages=SangHC

There is one line that is incorrect in this configuration.
    Here is how I fixed it and got the Drones working.
    Replace the line
    ServerPackages=Drone with
    ServerPackages=Evil
    in your server configuration and try it again.

Now all you have to do is be quick enough to hit the suckers.
    They're FAST and change their flight course quite abruptly.

DeeZNutZ

6. EVA77

EVA77 New Member

Hey all,
    I've got the Horde Control to install and it acts like it works, but if you look in the server output:
    New Player Gambit id= 36d9ef7a8914d62bfaedb252a97057ed
    Join succeeded: Gambit
    START MATCH
    Invasion DM-Compressed.Invasion (Function SkaarjPack.Invasion.AddMonster:0055) Accessed null class context
    Invasion DM-Compressed.Invasion (Function SkaarjPack.Invasion.AddMonster:0055) Accessed null class context

hmmmm...Something's not quite right. No monsters ever show up. And I have no way of configuring it. I'm using the web based interface on a dedicated server.

Thanks,
    eva

7. Kangus

Kangus Zombie on your pwn!

did I screw up the read me with the drone line? oops.... my bad.... Smoke named his drone package funny, so I made a rather bad typo. sorry.

As to crashes, yes, for some reason HC crashes UT quite a bit for some people, but not at all for others.... it seems to be related to the monster AI & the gametype, which as I've discovered since release is not as receptive to my mutator as I thought.... when and if I ever get around to working on the next version, it will be a seperate gametype to hopefully eliminate a few of these crashes.

8. Smoke39

Smoke39 whatever

I named the package Evil cuz it's gonna be what I stick any monsters I make in, kinda like Pain is what I put all my weapons in.

9. Kangus

yes, I kinda figured that much. I'm just a befuddled old man though. don't mind me.

10. DeeZNutZ

DeeZNutZ New Member

So, you screwed up the ReadMe file.
    Big deal.
    All I did is open up the .u file with a hex editor to figure it out.
    Happens all the time....

You're not "authors", you write code.

GOOD CODE! :2thumb:

Keep em coming! :D

DeeZ

11. Kangus

I was a writer before I started coding, I take pride in my read me :p

12. DeeZNutZ

DeeZNutZ New Member

Dude, you're too hard on yourself! :D
    I was trying to help lessen the blow to the old ego.