WTF!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Dank

Mac Guru
Sep 18, 2000
Genesis 1:12
I just typed up a reply to Thrash and before I got a chance to post it, the thread got closed.

WTF is going on around here.

Back in the old days, when I first started hanging around here, threads were never closed or deleted.

Now, 3/4 threads have been closed in the last week, either by Zundfolge or Keiichi.

hmmm......

The general forum has been flooded with idiot newbies posting all kinds of crap. I hardly ever see any vets posting there.

I begining to think Pacman and Mojo were right about INF becoming the next counter-strike.

Bad.Mojo

Commander in Chief o' the BMA
Mar 17, 2000
Ottawa, Ontario
Well, fu<i></i>ck it then. Honestly, just screw this.

Instead of these people supporting the community that made this mod survive through all the rough times (like being bumped from the UT: GotY edition by TacOps, being a roughly obscure mod, being unpopular due to 'realism', etc.) people like us are shunned because the team and moderators are more interested in wiping the snot noses of whiny bitches.

I honestly do now regret getting rid of Pojo X and his ilk. For all the sh<i></i>it that I alone took when nobody, but <i>nobody</i> else would take it, just to stick up for (what I thought) was a great game and a great community, and it backfires on me.

Now we have ten year old idiots posting their opinions of popular firearms, their opinions being nothing more than what they read in pulp gun rags and pop anime repeated verbatim. We have di<i></i>ckhead kids coming in here, telling me I don't belong in "their" community, banning Pacman. I mean, give it up for Christ's sake. We built this community. We endured long and hard months with no releases to wait out a game we were looking forward too, defending this mod from loser geeks and cheating, unfair competition (the thanks I got from that was fu<i></i>ckstylz telling me "what the team thought" [despite it being a blatant lie...])

In return to dedication for this mod, all we got was a bunch of ultra-conservative (because conservatives are anti-gun control, and everybody knows if the team hates gun control, you gotta hate it to in an effort to suck them off) kids with snotty noses whining when they spew textual vitriol and get scathing ripostes in return.

Fu<i></i>ck that, fu<i></i>ck this, fu<i></i>ck you all. I shoulda let this place go to the dogs long ago.

The question "So its like counter-strike?" you see so often on the main page is no longer rhetorical; and the answer to it is now yes.

Domino

< Phoenix Rising >
Oct 25, 1999
Houston
Hmm... I'm starting to agree with you Bad.Mojo and Dank, the boards are flooded with newbies and playing INF online is probably 10 times as worse.

It really helps when popular people like yourselves complain about things, because people listen... If I posted something like this, I'd be flamed so fast it wouldn't even be funny.

I say Bad.Mojo or someone else should start a "secret" forum... independent of PU's Infiltration forums... give it a password, and only give the password to diehard INF fans who are mature and willing to add color and depth into the community that is Infiltration.

That way, we can leave the n00bs to themselves and let them kill eachother, then when its all over we can come back... or if we like it in the new forum then we can stay there... I dunno, just an idea.

Bad.Mojo

Mar 17, 2000
Ottawa, Ontario
Well, the problem with a secret forum is I'm anti-exclusive -- I believe everybody has an equal voice. Which is why I hate posts being closed or deleted or people being banned, it not only takes away the voices of legitimate people and allows people to unfairly have the last word.

I just think the community should be allowed to take care of itself, that's my point. Yeah, PhatPhuck's voice is equal to mine, but in a world of freedom, I should be free to berate him until he leaves -- and if he leaves, that's his personal choice, not because of a ban. If I had the powers to ban, I'd never use them. Ever. Never, ever, ever.

DENSRAW

Grammaton Cleric
Dec 21, 2000
Watch it guys. This thread might get closed.:rolleyes:

I totally agree with everything you guys have said. I haven't played INF online in about a month (other than clan practices). I just went on today for one round and I couldn't stand it. I always regarded the INF community as mature, intellectual people. Even the newbies that used to come had something to worthwhile to say. I was here when Yurch and St0rmcaller and the such began to post and I was humbled by what they had to say. Now we have faggots running around talking about their 1337ness. I'm fucking sick of it.

Ballistophobia

Hedonistic Forum Panacea
Jul 15, 2000
Middlesex, NJ USA
goatse.cx
Originally posted by UTProphet
Balli, where's the sarcasm?

Maybe it's just me, but I took this as a facetious and ridiculous statement:

Originally posted by Domino
It really helps when popular people like yourselves complain about things, because people listen... If I posted something like this, I'd be flamed so fast it wouldn't even be funny.

funkstylz

I CLEAN TEH LATRINE
Mar 15, 2000
Bris. QLD, Oz
www.funkstylz.com
I'll say it again...You doing whatever to TechOps, was not appreciated by us, nor was it beneficial to us. Stop bring the team into your rants.

You insult everyone who disagrees with you, you start pointless vendetta's against people you don't particularly like and then you tell another guy that your glad his grandfather is dead....And you wonder why people close your threads? Let me tell you why mate...it's because your a prick.

It's not because of your topics about the government, women or the weather. It's not because of your ****ty attitude towards the world and it's people...it's because you like to stir up sh1t with the other members so much so, that it becomes detrimental to the game and it's community. When that happens, threads get closed, people get banned.

Trolls are tolerated for only so long, and then they are asked to leave. Your no different.

Domino

< Phoenix Rising >
Oct 25, 1999
Houston
Dammit Balli, just because you and I don't get along, doesn't mean you can't make at least a teensy effort to stay remotely positive.

And sarcasm is indicated using the :rolleyes: icon... as you can see, there are none in my post, which means that I am perfectly serious.

Have you ever heard the saying, "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all".. maybe you should take that into consideration before posting... you could probably make your posts 2% more intelligent than the 0% they already are.

And stop trying to be facetious

facetious \fuh-SEE-shus\, adjective:
1. Given to wit and good humor; merry; sportive; jocular; as, a facetious companion.
2. Characterized by wit and pleasantry; exciting laughter; as, a facetious story or reply.

I'm not sure how the word facetious can be used in the context you have. Maybe a better selection of words will get your point across a little better.

Last edited:

Keiichi

Old Timer
Mar 13, 2000
I've closed maybe 2 threads in the last week, and both of those were started by Mojo with the sole intention of igniting a flame war. This forum is designed for the free exchange of ideas and opinions, and that does not include petty insults. You say that you don't want the Infiltration forums to become like the Counter-Strike forums? Fine. Learn how to control yourselves. What makes the Counter-Strike forums the black hole of stupidity from which all rational thought cannot escape is 50% ignorance and 50% attitude. Ignorance can be dealt with by education, but the constant bickering and pointless flames are what makes it's community universally despised. If you want these forums to remain a shining beacon of reason and intellect, then stop acting like 7th graders and start acting like adults.

We have dickhead kids coming in here, telling me I don't belong in "their" community, banning Pacman.

Pacman got himself banned by posting this thread in the PU Off Topic forums directly attacking Prophetus. You can't blaim that on "dickhead kids".

-Keiichi

Bad.Mojo

Mar 17, 2000
Ottawa, Ontario
And I'll say it again, all of the team was behind me. This was before you were in it, so you wouldn't know, but...CONFIDENTIAL TO FU<i></i>CKSTYLZ: I <i>DO</i> KNOW IT. Period. Despite what you might think, this is so. I'm not dragging the team into this, jackass. If you care to dispute this, I'll post the link to the original subject, wherein it was <i>you</i> that dragged the team into it when you said (and I paraphrase for the purposes of mocking you) "Well, despite me being a new person on the team, and having not been on it at the time, I feel the complete ability to therefore speak for the team, and can tell you TacOps blah blah blah."

Like I said, any dispute of this (since you love to call me a liar) and I'll post the link to the original. I saved the HTML in case you tried to edit it. Anyways, regardless, you'll take due note that this is now TWICE you've blatantly lied (once in speaking the teams thought's and once in saying it was I and not you that dragged the team into this)... you may note that altough I'm a prick, I'm not a liar. And I'd rather be a prick than a holocaust-denying fabricator of reality, fu<i></i>ckstylz.

You wanna talk about trolling? We post legitimate gripes about the state of affairs in these forums, and you come in here addressing through lies and falsifications of reality a post which is now closed solely to illicit a response for me. While I don't use exceptionally geeky terms like "troll," I do know that a troll is somebody who posts simply to illicit a response. You are a troll, a hypocrite, a charlatan, a liar, a fabricator of reality, you are no better than racist, anti-semetic Holocaust deniars.

As for being glad somebody's grandfather is dead, it is called "exploiting and obvious weakness for the purposes of winning." I bet you ten bucks you'd shoot a guy in the back in a game of Infiltration, and you'd do it for the very same reason. His weakness? A lack of watching his back. Your exploitation? Shooting him in it. Besides, I have no idea what kind of man his grandfather was. He could have been very evil, which means my attack was FURTHER justified.

You say groove is in the heart? The only groove you got is in your brain, left over from that pre-natal coat hanger incident with your mother.

Ballistophobia

Hedonistic Forum Panacea
Jul 15, 2000
Middlesex, NJ USA
goatse.cx
LOL since when is it required to have a " :rolleyes: " as a conduit of sarcasm?

Also, the word facetious has more than one meaning and your dictionary sux. It basically means not being serious, or not being serious and attempting to be witty, i.e. sarcastic or cynical.

Domino

< Phoenix Rising >
Oct 25, 1999
Houston
uh oh.. this is gonna get ugly :(

and Ballistophobia, please just piss off... I don't have the energy to try and show you the error of your ways.

Last edited:

Zundfolge

Dec 13, 1999
USA
I don't know what dictionary Domino is using, but here's Webster's version

fa·ce·tious
Pronunciation: f&-'sE-sh&s
Function: adjective
Etymology: Middle French facetieux, from facetie jest, from Latin facetia Date: 1599
1 : joking or jesting often inappropriately : WAGGISH <just being facetious>
2 : meant to be humorous or funny : not serious <a facetious remark>

I believe that definition 1 is what Ballisto meant.

We post legitimate gripes about the state of affairs in these forums
Legitimate gripes are fine...but lately you've gone beyond legitimate gripes into full out personal assaults. You know where the line is and take great pride in stepping over it.

As for being glad somebody's grandfather is dead, it is called "exploiting and obvious weakness for the purposes of winning."
No, it's called hitting below the belt. It may be effective, but it's not honorable.

That was the wonderful thing about you in the old crusades against TacOps and guys like Aussie Joe...you fought hard but you also fought with honor, dignity and creativity. Now you just lash out with no purpose and sink to cheap shots like making fun of someone's weight or the death of a family member...you're a shell of your former self. :(

funkstylz

I CLEAN TEH LATRINE
Mar 15, 2000
Bris. QLD, Oz
www.funkstylz.com
Originally posted by Bad.Mojo
And I'll say it again, all of the team was behind me. This was before you were in it, so you wouldn't know, but...CONFIDENTIAL TO FU<i></i>CKSTYLZ: I <i>DO</i> KNOW IT. Period. Despite what you might think, this is so. I'm not dragging the team into this, jackass. If you care to dispute this, I'll post the link to the original subject, wherein it was <i>you</i> that dragged the team into it when you said (and I paraphrase for the purposes of mocking you) "Well, despite me being a new person on the team, and having not been on it at the time, I feel the complete ability to therefore speak for the team, and can tell you TacOps blah blah blah."

Like I said, any dispute of this (since you love to call me a liar) and I'll post the link to the original. I saved the HTML in case you tried to edit it. Anyways, regardless, you'll take due note that this is now TWICE you've blatantly lied (once in speaking the teams thought's and once in saying it was I and not you that dragged the team into this)... you may note that altough I'm a prick, I'm not a liar. And I'd rather be a prick than a holocaust-denying fabricator of reality, fu<i></i>ckstylz.

You wanna talk about trolling? We post legitimate gripes about the state of affairs in these forums, and you come in here addressing through lies and falsifications of reality a post which is now closed solely to illicit a response for me. While I don't use exceptionally geeky terms like "troll," I do know that a troll is somebody who posts simply to illicit a response. You are a troll, a hypocrite, a charlatan, a liar, a fabricator of reality, you are no better than racist, anti-semetic Holocaust deniars.

As for being glad somebody's grandfather is dead, it is called "exploiting and obvious weakness for the purposes of winning." I bet you ten bucks you'd shoot a guy in the back in a game of Infiltration, and you'd do it for the very same reason. His weakness? A lack of watching his back. Your exploitation? Shooting him in it. Besides, I have no idea what kind of man his grandfather was. He could have been very evil, which means my attack was FURTHER justified.

You say groove is in the heart? The only groove you got is in your brain, left over from that pre-natal coat hanger incident with your mother.

You make it easy Fag Mojo...

You rant and rave about everything that comes your way, backed up with a miriad of piss weak, recylced insults, just like the troll you are. Post the link tough guy...if I said anything remotely like that then I'd be very interested in reading it over. And you DID bring the team into this, the moment you affiliated yourself to us with your stupid statement about ruining TacOps's epic deal.

You are no fun to argue with, Blowjo, because your not very good at it. You can use all the fancy words and insults you like to form the convoluted, semi retarded rants that your famous for, but without facts, reasons, or hell even a bit of coherency would help, you get nowhere and get nothing.

Your going to get your stupid self banned yet again fruit...And I for one will hardly notice your absence.