1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

WTF shock rifle??

Discussion in 'Unreal Tournament 3' started by Jackal, Jan 28, 2006.

1. Persefone

Persefone Ms God!

Like the game is called Unreal the only thing that should worry about the weapons is the aesthetic, and too big wepons aren´t aesthetic. Wonderful models and right proportions.

2. Brutal Chaos

Brutal Chaos New Member

Umm this is my first post here. And i never played unreal but if they change the size thats ok. But if they dont its ok since the title is called unreal right?
    someone correct me if im wrong here.

"really looking forward to buying Unreal Tournament 2007 even though my pc sucks raw ass.":D

3. -AEnubis-

-AEnubis- fps greater than star

If the weapons weren't so large, then how would you know what they were carrying before they shoot?

4. Jackal

Jackal Crapass

Large is fine, but a GUN that is bigger than the character is just werid to me. I'll take it however whichway. It was just an observation and I didn't like what I saw, so I posted/asked.

And you're right, this is "unreal" so they could making flying turd bomb come from their eye sockets and strains of Sharpie markers come flying out of the characters ass...but it doesn't mean it should be done or look like that.

5. XMP.Arc

XMP.Arc +-aka Arcturus, HalcYoN, goBOT etc-+

lol nice one

6. ->Sachiel<-

->Sachiel<- New Member

If one of the concerns with large weapons is clipping, this shouldn't be a problem with UT2007 because if the guns are physics objects and have their own collision like HL2 items do, you would hit the wall earlier if your gun is longer but no actual clipping should occur.

This brings up an interesting idea, what if they make it so that you can shoot other people's guns and when you do they get swung around or even fall from the enemy's hands.

Another idea is to make the collision like madness interactive where when you move your mouse fast enough you can wack people with your gun, this would be funny and cool in UT2007. It's definitely do-able and since they want to make UT more close-quarters in concern to combat this feature could prove useful.

7. -AEnubis-

I'd prefer halo style melee attacks, but all in all, like the way your "melee" weapon is currently handled in UT.

8. ->Sachiel<-

->Sachiel<- New Member

Fair enough, I bet you also like the way your "grenade" weapon is currently handled in UT too. I'm just sayin' if they give you grenades you should be able to toss them by hand and if they give you a melee weapon it should be some sort of futuristic sword or spear or some sort of actual melee weapon. a melee "gun" in the first place is not a sensable idea, a gun that doesn't shoot is like a bee that can't produce honey, or a dog that can't bite. Domestication of guns seems like a very non-logical idea for guns are made to kill in an efficient matter.
    as for the grenade launcher, it does make sense and it should be included, but it shouldn't be the only way of lobbing a grenade. the hand should do for small, defensive, rushed and short-range tosses. It would add more interactivity to the game.

9. Mr. UglyPants

Mr. UglyPants 2007 never existed, it was all a dream.

good for a mutator!

10. Rk.

Rk. Sleezy bastard.

I wasn't talking about skinny swords. I was talking about an oversized and fat shock rifle, or other gunny weapons. Not swords.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2006
  11. ->Sachiel<-

->Sachiel<- New Member

ok... meaning? -or is that some sort of pointless spam post-

don't even give me "__________________" without expanding (smileys are not expansions).

12. Rk.

Rk. Sleezy bastard.

Whatever it says.

13. -AEnubis-

No, see, 10 weapons cabable of being "primary" weapons is > 1 primary 1 secondary, and 1 tertiary.

The point of a weapon/gren/melee system is stabbing at realism, since you can't hold that many big weapons in real life.

Switchweapon 7
    AltFire

There is your grens, just as fast.

My only beef with switchweapon 1, fire, is a tap only does 40 dmg. It's not fast enough, only because of the charge time.

14. ->Sachiel<-

->Sachiel<- New Member

Actually, a bastard sword weighs about 75 pounds, an AK47 without a clip weighs about 5 pounds, with the clip it weighs about 14 pounds(why do you think little kids in 3rd world countries can carry them). You see the difference between hollow and dense? I'm going to say this "oversized" shock rifle weighs maybe 50 pounds, it's still carriable and for its multi-functionality (shooting a beam of rape and doubling as a shock core launcher) it should be the size of two modern-day sniper rifles. Plus there is the rof to consider, it's a fast-firing weapon which means that it must have great cooling, that'll take up a considerable amount of space as well.

...Sorry, I typed that during your second post in reply to my argument, so i couldn't read what you had to say about it. All I saw before responding was a blank.

AS FOR -AEnubis-
    1)I agree with the 40 damage argument, a melee weapon should do alot more damage much quicker considering that you have to go through the trouble of getting close to the enemy to actually use it.
    2)As for the granades, I suppose that it's alright since switchweapon is really fast in UT.
    3) I still don't like the idea of a "melee" gun.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2006
  15. UnrealGrrl

UnrealGrrl Enemy flag carrier is Her!

16. Rk.

Rk. Sleezy bastard.

Heh, I forgot to write something when I posted:p

17. gregori

gregori BUF Refugee

On reflection they should have kept the oversized weapons in unreal championship/UT2k3, they look better, esp with the juggernaut characters,

the shock rifle for 2k7, though i like the design , seems too big for a mid range non super weapon!

18. ->Sachiel<-

->Sachiel<- New Member

since when was the shock rifle a non-super weapon. ;)

19. Crisis

Crisis O.G. Instagiber

isnt thier a shock rifle and super shock rifle??

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2006
  20. Teknomancer

Teknomancer New Member

LOL :lol: