1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

WTF shock rifle??

Discussion in 'Unreal Tournament 3' started by Jackal, Jan 28, 2006.

1. Jackal

Jackal Crapass

2. Kantham

Kantham Fool.

Yes, i already have noticed since the pics where out actualy.

3. Tokage.ru

Tokage.ru New Member

...why not?
    Its unreal, really ;)

4. truegamer

truegamer New Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

These screenshots were taken from disc four of the 'Totally Unreal' collectoin. Disc 1 and 2 are UT GOTY, disc 3 is UnrealGold and disc 4 is a disc laden with bonus packs and "previews of the new Unreal game" (Unreal Championship).

As you can see, they always have had a problem in the beginning with weapon size. In the case of UT2003, this was obviously fixed. Namely because they're focusing on detail right now, so having the weapons bigger makes it easier to focus on the detail. When the time comes, the scale will be altered.

:lock:

5. Rk.

Rk. Sleezy bastard.

Sure hope so. Running around with weapons just as large as yourself is a bit odd.

6. Rambowjo

Rambowjo Das Protoss

As far as I know, that screenshot you show Jackal is old, and if you check the newer videos/pictures, the Shock rifle seems smaller, so don't worry :p

7. Jackal

Jackal Crapass

I know the SS is very old, I just now noticed it thou :). I'll have to look at the videos I guess. It just stuck me as odd that's all.

8. HarrySpanner

HarrySpanner coool

Yer I agree with Jackal. The shock should probably be slightly longer than a player's forearm, as it was about that long in 2k4 and looked nice. However, it depends on the player model really. For example in 2k4: give a sniper rifle to Gorge and one to Ophelia. Looks fine with Gorge, but just doesn't really fit with the smaller, skinnier characters like Ophelia.

9. N1ghtmare

N1ghtmare Sweet Dreams

You might just be too used to UT2004 smaller shock rifle, but it seems to be the same size as the Unreal Tournament '1999' shock rifle.

10. Sir_Brizz

Sir_Brizz Administrator Staff Member

The weapons have alwyas been larger than the models, ever since Unreal 1. It's called Unreal after all.

11. EggBoy

EggBoy New Member

looks pretty cool but the problem is when a gun that long fires a projectile it will come out from the end of the barrel which is 6 feet away from the center of the player and also the gun model will penetrate through walls and objects easily.

12. JohnDoe641

JohnDoe641 Killer Fools Pro Staff Member

They've changed it slightly again from the newest screenshots.

13. Kantham

Kantham Fool.

What he said.
    Like the other quotes people would throw in this thread. "Why not, it's called unreal right?"

Then they could make the secondary function a thermal vision with a canon increase so you can shot at people trough any kind of walls if the canon goes trought the wall ;)

Last edited: Jan 29, 2006
  14. JohnDoe641

JohnDoe641 Killer Fools Pro Staff Member

That reminds me, those UC shots, the fov is 85 iirc so you'd see more of the weapon and it will seem odd if you're used to the 90 fov.

iirc

15. truegamer

truegamer New Member

... true... but look at the hands holding the weapons. Theoretically, those hands are at the same angle as the weapon.

16. Trynant

Trynant Manic Brawler

Well, if you know what the acronym for ASMD stands for you probably know damn well that the shock needs to be a big long shaft.

edit: keep looking on davidm's site if you want to know

17. HarrySpanner

HarrySpanner coool

ok.... what does amsd stand for?

18. Selerox

Selerox COR AD COR LOQVITVR

I knew GES already :)

LMAO :lol: It all becomes clear :)

19. ->Sachiel<-

->Sachiel<- New Member

Uh...look at the greatswords such as the flamberge or bastard sword, they are gigantic and if stood up are taller than the weilder. Don't forget swords are heavier than guns because guns are hollow and some are semi-metallic while swords are pure clunks of metal. There's nothing odd about weapons being larger than the characters using them and it isn't even unrealistic to tell the truth.

20. Jackal

Jackal Crapass

So it's ok then if they are 20' long and stretch outside the door while your inside then?