1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

WTF Hardware headaches

Discussion in 'Other Stuff' started by GoldenMouse, Mar 3, 2005.

1. GoldenMouse

GoldenMouse Mad Hatter

I just installed a new Seagate slaved to an older Maxtor, and the CMOS will recognize it, yet windows won't assign a drive letter to the new drive. Also, I removed the floppy drive to see if that was somehow messing with assignments, but now I keep getting told that there has been a failure regarding finding that when the system POSTs. Anybody have any ideas?

2. Rukee

Rukee Coffee overclocks the overclocker!!

If you could put them on diffrent IDE channels, or change the DIP switchs in the back from cable select to master and slave, or slave and master(even if their not) it might work.
    Also, I`ve had new IDE cables that didn`t seem to work right, swapping with another one would fix it.

*edit* your post screen will stall and report the floppy error unless you enter the BIOS and tell it to dissable the floppy, prolly just plug it back in. ;)

Last edited: Mar 3, 2005
  3. OO7MIKE

OO7MIKE Mr. Sexy

Right click "my computer"
    Manage
    click on "disk management"

Post a screen shot.

4. Nachimir

Nachimir Crony of Stilgar

Just a thought:

Are you using TweakUI? Unchecking the boxes under the "My Computer" tab of that can stop new drives showing if they take the total number outside of the checked range.

5. GoldenMouse

GoldenMouse Mad Hatter

I re-enabled it and made sure it was all plugged in. Nachimir, no. 007, will do as soon as it's free (and not an a.m. hour). Thanks guys.

6. GoldenMouse

GoldenMouse Mad Hatter

Got the hard drive formatting now. Thanks 007; I didn't know about that.