Writing assignment ideas

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

SugarBear

Sadly Un-Surreal
May 18, 2001
Doesn't even matter
Visit site
ok fellas, I figure this is a cool place for you to get your spam on, and still stay on topic.

I like being artistic in my spare time, drawing sculpting, painting, writing, all that jazz, well, I've run myself about dry of writing ideas, and I'm looking for some stuff that comes from someone else's brain, there are essentially no rules, it has nothing to do with my likes or dislikes, just any old idea, whether it's a story idea, or just some weird spam crap like a walking booger gets into a fight with a mutated pickle.

some of the stories I've written that people like started with ideas like, My day as a woman, the man with two mustard bottles and his showdown with the hot-dog man, the 45 seconds you live when you walk off a building, stuff like that...

so hit me up, spam this bad boy down, give me funny ideas, sad ideas, quotes, song lyrics, titles, whatever you got.

sweeny

stick that in you phife and smoke it!!!
Nov 29, 2002
Leeds, UK
Visit site
write a story set in near future (2008 or sumthing) after oil has run out or is running out and when peoples houses are run by microsoft widows

alternativly you could do a story about a kidnaped begger who is the first man to walk on mars

Taleweaver

Wandering spirit
May 11, 2004
Off course
A friend of mine has this strange theory about dying: if you die, your mind skips back to a few seconds earlier, and the situation changes so you didnt' die.
Though I'm a sceptic on this idea, I did got a dream about it. I was able to capture the essence of the dream in a story (beware: it's Dutch).
This proves an IMO important thing: you don't have to believe a given idea to be able to write a story about it, as you choose what to unfold and what not. It's also an indication that dreams can be a great resource, if you're able to use it...but I guess you already know this.

@sweeny: nice idea of houses being run by microsoft widows :lol:

T

Tournament0

W0RF said:
Must be all those wives of MS programmers who work 18-hour coding shifts.

:eek:
MS programmers are no joke.
They earn alot.
Makes me want to kill MS. :lol:

sweeny

stick that in you phife and smoke it!!!
Nov 29, 2002
Leeds, UK
Visit site
Tournament0 said:
:eek:
MS programmers are no joke.
They earn alot.

yea, you ever heard of a guy called bill gates, supposedly he make a fair bit

how about this skippy (the kangaroo) vs ermintrude (the cow from the magic roundabout)

Iron Archer

Holy ****ing King of Trolls
Mar 23, 2000
Obamaland
Write a semi-comedic story about a secret agent who ends up using common everyday items to achieve his missions. He discovers his wife is actually a clone sent to kill him, and there are ninjas crammed into the cupboards, ready to pounce.