Wow....Lame. Epic Forums/User CP not working

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Lord of the Dead

Nov 21, 2009
I have tried again and again to get the Epic forums to work but alas...Nothing works at all. Here's whats happening:
Step 1: Registered at Epic Forums
Step 2: Received Account Activation Email
Step 3: Clicked Link in Account Activation Email
Step 4: Successfully Activated Account
Step 5: Clicked User CP
Step 6: Clicked Edit Your Details
Step 7: Loading Page and.....WHAT?! WHAT IS THIS ABOUT?! WHAT IS GOING ON?!
Error Message Reads as follows:
Lord_of_the_Dead, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
#1: Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
#2: If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

OK.....this is starting to get REALLY annoying. Here's my question: What is going on with the Epic Forums? I mean i get this error almost everywhere i go and this includes just wanting to read a forums post. And I know it cant be some forum protection thing that only lets you post or edit your user CP options after being a memory for a set amount of time. I know this because to tried logging in with a account i have had for almost more then a year and i still get this message. Pardon my Language but.....WHAT THE HELL IT GOING ON?! I mean i keep getting this error and it is really starting to tick my off. Is any one else getting this error message? And if so does it mean that the Epic forums are all jacked up? Or is something else the matter with the forums? Thanks for any help given!

Lord of the Dead

Nov 21, 2009
Maybe you should try contacting the Epic forums staff?

I can't, that's the thing. Since i don't have access to the forums there is NO WAY to do so. They do not let people have their emails. So thus i have no way to contact them.

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
Hope you get your problem solved. I have a red dot by my name/avatar at Epic forums and still have no idea why.....probably a glitch of some sort. I've e-mailed other members with red dots and they don't know why they have them either. Although, I guess this thread would be more appropriate for Off Topic, but not completely sure on that.

Northrawn

Feb 21, 2009
Did you happen to say that Bulletstorm/Gears of War/UT3 is not the best game ever made and you will not praise the game until death for being so awesome and innovative that it is beyond belief.

If so, you probably got permabanned there.

Not been banned there myself, but that's their forum policy fromwhat I learned.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Did you happen to say that Bulletstorm/Gears of War/UT3 is not the best game ever made and you will not praise the game until death for being so awesome and innovative that it is beyond belief.

If people could keep their opinions that civil, they probably wouldn't get banned from there.

Lord of the Dead

Nov 21, 2009

Umm......No. I registered another account and activated it just before i started this topic. Also....Did you NOT read what i originally posted? Because it would seem so. I can not create a topic or post as well as edit my profiles details. So....HOW in the world am i even supposed to post that the games made my Epic suck? Which they don't of course. I guess people don't read half of what the original poster posts. And if they do read it, then they don't use common since to figure out question that they can answer themselves. I wish common since still existed.
Whatever....But has anyone else had this issue with the Epic forums as well? Or is it just me?

Al

Reaper
Jun 21, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Did you use the Contact Us link? You DON'T have to be registered to contact them.

And calm down, scrappy.

Last edited:

Lord of the Dead

Nov 21, 2009
Did you use the Contact Us link? You DON'T have to be registered to contact them.

And calm down, scrappy.

I have contacted them threw the "Contact Us' link and have yet to hear response. And.........who is scrappy? I don't see a user on this topic named....scrappy.

Flak

I am Gamer, hear me Pwn. RAWR
May 26, 2004
I answer every email that comes in via the contact us link. (Unless you were totally rude)

I do not remember seeing an email from your username. Are you sure you hit send?

:rolleyes:

Northrawn

Feb 21, 2009

Hey, I never did anything bad, there. I left at free will ... well, more or less, the quality of UT3 (which I tried to like and even did a map for) made me leave. And the "policy" at the forums there.

It is well known in many communities that the EPIC forums are much, much harsher (to a degree that it is laughable) than for example the Gerabox forums or so...

But hey, I don't complain, it is EPIC's forum and it is their place. So they can do whatever they want.