Would the "lolol-carzz-wtf?" guys play war w/o vehicles?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
That CTF map with the walker in the middle is pretty easy to lock down with a competent Goliath driver and a team that hangs out in the middle.

oldkawman

Master of Your Disaster
Have you met anyone afraid of them? I've met a lot of people who don't like the play style they bring to the game.

Sorry for my very poor use of words. I see your point. I like the carz cause they make things so insanely fast. I like very much playing on foot against carz because it's fun to kill them. I guess it's the mix of everything and the speed it brings that I like the most. However, I would not like carz in DM or TDM, they do not fit in there.

WHIPperSNAPper

Mar 22, 2003
Visit site
A mutator won't cut it though. The maps needs to be very much built with a non-vehicle warfare game in mind. A couple of the HOLP ones are quite good.

This. Who knows if people would find no vehicles Onslaught to be fun, but as far as I know it hasn't really been tried. Someone would have to make a couple maps for it and set up a server. Problem is, the people who might have enjoyed it but who don't like vehicles either no longer play UT 2004 or UT3 or no longer pay any attention to Onslaught.

I wonder how a UT99 version of Onslaught without vehicles would have fared in UT99's heyday.

Last edited:

ambershee

Nimbusfish Rawks
Apr 18, 2006
Nomad
sheelabs.gamemod.net
The problem is getting near the Goliath first.

You've played UT3, right? There's not that many maps where you can't just jump right on top of it because they're so dense and a quick hammer-jump will handle it. The Islander air node is probably the best example. Most other maps you can just mosey on over the rocks on the sides of the path in the hoverboard, and just jump right where you want to be.