WOTgreal 2.903

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Kaoh

MP_Clan member
Sep 16, 2000
Holland
www.kaoh.nl
Harmeister said:
If it's not doing what you want, then it's probably because of "smart tabs" turn them off and see if it doesn't help you any. Basically smart tabs will indent the exact same way as the line above is indented.
Yeah well smart tabs work rather ok, excpet when I want to indend beyond the line above. The it starts do to weird stuff, like indending only one space or way to many etc.
With smart tabs disabled it does that at all times.
I prolly should tune and tweak those settings more but hey I am using it to build my own stuff and thats what i prefer doing ;)
I am using it for a long time now, and i got used to it, but some room for improvement is left there ;)

Payback

Ive got a big stick
Nov 21, 2002
ahl.action-web.net
Harmeister said:
If it's not doing what you want, then it's probably because of "smart tabs" turn them off and see if it doesn't help you any. Basically smart tabs will indent the exact same way as the line above is indented.

With regard to this. I was wondering if you know about the Microsoft VB and VC Tab and Shift-Tab functionality for block indenting.

I keep trying to use it in wotgreal and deleting the stuff I highlight. Incase you didnt know, you can highlight a chunk of text and press tab. Instead of replacing the selected text with a tab, it will indent everything by one level. If you press Shift-Tab it will decrease the indent by one level.

If its not in there already, any chance of adding it :D?

SuperDre

May 6, 2002
Helmond.nl
www.superteam.tk
Payback said:
With regard to this. I was wondering if you know about the Microsoft VB and VC Tab and Shift-Tab functionality for block indenting.

If its not in there already, any chance of adding it :D?

Yep it's in there.. it's on the preferences screen on the 'editor' tab and it's somewhere in the middle of the screen.. <Sel>+<Tab> = Block Indent

Kaoh

MP_Clan member
Sep 16, 2000
Holland
www.kaoh.nl
Here I explain my tab problems:
With smart Tab enabled:
- New line
- press tab to indend up to the previous line
- now press tab to indend a bit more, it shoots to the end of line etc

Without smart tab:
- new line
- I have 3 tabs ready, press tab once more it indends one space.
- but further it goes well.

Besides the tab things I love this editor.
Once you get it all polished (going to test the stability now since you adressed the issues I wont thrwo that on you till testing ;)) I am sure gonna buy a version.
I now keep it open all the time to get round the nag screen ;)
:p

Kaoh

MP_Clan member
Sep 16, 2000
Holland
www.kaoh.nl
I just prefer my tabs to give me an x amount of spaces (without spaces offcourse) not sometimes this amount and sometimes that amount ;)
The smart tab would rock if it would work behind the previous lines tab point also, but using the normal tab indend once more
something like that ;)

Love the new version btw :D

Payback

Ive got a big stick
Nov 21, 2002
ahl.action-web.net
Excellent. Turned smart tab off and the sel + tab on and it feels like VC. This tool rocks. Next you'll be telling me I can debug from within it. :lol:

Thank you.

Harmeister

Mar 14, 2000
Billerica, MA
www.wotgreal.com
Payback said:
Excellent. Turned smart tab off and the sel + tab on and it feels like VC. This tool rocks. Next you'll be telling me I can debug from within it. :lol:

Thank you.

Working on that (ie not having to go through the udebugger like you currently do). I need something for phase III, right?

Last edited:

Kaoh

MP_Clan member
Sep 16, 2000
Holland
www.kaoh.nl
I want to report a mem leak in this version also, less then the previous onces, but its still there.
I loaded it and it used 1.xmb and now a couple of hours later without using it, its up to 4.xmb

Where can I find Context? I just downloaded something called ConTEXT, but it doesn't support Uscript highlighting etc... It's got twenty other templates though... lol
I am watching the 3dBuzz VTMs and that's what he uses, yet after fifteen or so vids, I have yet to hear him mention how to get that program... (nm that I still can't figure out script... :grrrr:) I have WOTGreal, but the tab problem just irks the bejeezus out of me, and the coloring is not the same. I am sort of slow and I prefer to use the same tools as the person teaching me. Just makes things so much easier.

Attachments

• context.JPG
    context.JPG
    17.9 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
KingMango said:
Where can I find Context? I just downloaded something called ConTEXT, but it doesn't support Uscript highlighting etc... It's got twenty other templates though... lol
Check the UnrealWiki, it should have the stuff you need for UnrealScript syntax highlighting.

Mr.Mitchell

Sep 5, 2001
the Netherlands
home.ict.nl
KingMango said:
ConText can be downloaded from http://www.fixedsys.com/context/
You can also download an UnrealScript highlighter from the download page. I don't know where that one came from. I use the syntaxhighlighter fromt the Wiki that Wormbo mentioned.