1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

World of Warcrafters?

Discussion in 'Games' started by The Dopefish, Jan 10, 2005.

1. Rambowjo

Rambowjo Das Protoss

I only have 412 enchanting, so I can't disenchant all the stuff I get, but on the other hand I don't want to sell it, so my inventory is pretty full :I

And I also ran Stonecore as a disc priest. I have very good gear but it was still hard since I hadn't actually healed since 4.0, so I had no idea how to rotate. At first I was just spamming flash heal, but then I realised I went oom instantly doing that, so I started using heal instead, which works very well combined with shields. Right now I have a half decent rotation where I just spam heal and smite and shields. I then use archangel to get some extra mana and so on. The healing from smite is actually enough to keep the tank alive most of the time against normal mobs, though if others get hit you have to start using your real healing spells. I haven't been using renew in my rotation, which might be a little silly of me. I simply didn't use it back when I was disc in wrath. I might take a look at holy later :p

Leveling as a spriest is hillarious by the way. My wrath gear is all pretty good, so I was basically just pulling everything and facerolling at first. Around 83 it gets a little challenging though.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2010
  2. SlayerDragon

SlayerDragon LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES

I think I need to change my Discipline talents and get rid of the Smite healing talents (Evangelism, Archangel, and Atonement). It was fun at level 80 and probably good for solo questing and, but I think ultimately the talent to reduce Weakened Soul debuff time with each Heal spell is going to be a better choice. I could be wrong about this.

I'm thinking this is my target spec: http://www.wowhead.com/talent#bfhzrosbforochzZh

Yeah, as shadow I was spamming Mind Spike x 3, using the instant Mind Blast, and then Shadow Word: Death and generally whatever I was attacking was dead. However, that seems to burn through my mana pretty quickly.

3. Rambowjo

Rambowjo Das Protoss

Yeah, you need mind flay to get evangelisms to consume. I think dotting up the target and mind flaying them to death, finishing with a shadow word death is best for leveling, though it requires a little more effort. Less down time though.

You can check out my disc spec if you like :p

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Auchindoun&cn=Rambowjo

I think Smite is nice to mix into the rotation. Getting archangel is pretty good.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2010
  4. SlayerDragon

Smite healing + Archangel is interesting and different than just spamming heals. I've only done two dungeons so far, I'll probably do more over the weekend.

This is my current healing spec:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/malganis/saintalvis/talent/primary

I'm a little surprised you didn't take Divine Fury to reduce Smite cast time. It seems like a pretty good part of a Smite build ;)

5. Tooly

Tooly New Member

How are rogues now? Still suck?

I have not played mine since level 70 over 3 years ago.

6. SlayerDragon

Rogues were pretty good for most of WotLK, I do not know about their current state as far as end-game, since we're a bit early for decisions on that yet. However, I do know they have a sweet new skill to self-heal using combo points so leveling is better than ever.

7. Rambowjo

Rambowjo Das Protoss

Haha oh yeah, I didn't think I'd be using smite too much when I made that spec, so I kind of forgot about divine fury :p

8. Firefly

Firefly United Kingdom is not a country.

9. Trynant

Trynant Manic Brawler

old

so old

10. Firefly

Firefly United Kingdom is not a country.

don't care. still funny

11. Plumb_Drumb

Plumb_Drumb yumb

wow, fans of this game actually have time to post old jokes.

shhh

12. Breadtruck

Breadtruck All's Well That Ends Well

Just picked up a copy of the game today :) I've played before, years ago, but lost my account and discs. I've got a long way to go to catch up with everyone else, it seems.

13. Juggalo Kyle

Juggalo Kyle Sup brah.

Yeah, starting from scratch, or near it, is a long road, but atleast it's a little newer of a road. Classic area updates, new elemental damages, new quests. It's all really fun still.

Was thinking about working on my Worgen Mage tonight. Doubtful however with Starcraft 2 mapping on my mind.

14. Breadtruck

I only got to around level 20 when I first started playing. Whole new account, and I'm up to level 8 at the moment. Taking things completely differently, as well. I normally play the mage/hunter type role in these games. I actually went Orc Warrior and like it quite a bit so far :) Although my server seems rather dead for having "medium" amounts of players.

15. Hunter

Hunter BeyondUnreal Newsie

That's because they are all 80+

I'm on a medium server and am currently running around outland and have seen 3 or 4 others in my travels.

16. Breadtruck

Makes sense. I traveled to Orgrimmar and found a ridiculous amount of players.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2010
  17. Juggalo Kyle

Juggalo Kyle Sup brah.

Yay, hit 85 on my Dwarf Pally last night.

Time to get Exalted and work on my Alchamey.

18. Rambowjo

Rambowjo Das Protoss

Getting enchanting is so damn expensive. Right now I'm at 477 and I decided to just run the entire Vashnir zone to get items for disenchanting and some money. It's pretty boring though and Vashnir being underwater doesn't help at all.

19. BillyBadAss

BillyBadAss Strong Cock of The North

So I was bored, so I figured I would go and solo Molten Core..... Actually, I only did the first two bosses since my wife came home, but it's possible.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Hunter

Hunter BeyondUnreal Newsie

Reactivated my account end of last week to try and finally get my DK up to 85 and it's going well so far.

Quick question, once you hit 80 does rest 200% XP not take effect?