World of Warcrafters?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

BillyBadAss

Strong Cock of The North
May 25, 1999
Tokyo, JP
flickr.com
phatcat said:
I don't even have to say anything...
[screenshot]http://phatcat.animedominion.com/boardpics/ragdown.jpg[/screenshot]
OMFG Nice!!!! We just took down Major Domo for the first time last week. Then we tried Rag, and he nearly one shotted our tank.:eek: We are going to have to farm the other bosses for a few weeks to get more FR gear.

Last edited by a moderator:

BillyBadAss

Strong Cock of The North
May 25, 1999
Tokyo, JP
flickr.com
KillStreak said:
just got the game, I finished installing, but now I have to update and from what I know there is about 49 million updates to this game......

Anyways what servers do you guys play on, Im too lazy to go through the entire thread to know.

I'm on the PvE server Zul'Jin. We might have the best horde/alliance balance in the game.

Shock6822

Cock of the Walk
Jul 2, 2000
That way ->
BillyBadAss said:
OMFG Nice!!!! We just took down Major Domo for the first time last week. Then we tried Rag, and he nearly one shotted our tank.:eek: We are going to have to farm the other bosses for a few weeks to get more FR gear.

Get 300+ for tank, 250+ for rogues/melee, 130ish+ for all else including healers. And you'll need even more for Vael...man that was fun times on our first attempts before we got him.

BillyBadAss

Strong Cock of The North
May 25, 1999
Tokyo, JP
flickr.com
Shock6822 said:
Get 300+ for tank, 250+ for rogues/melee, 130ish+ for all else including healers. And you'll need even more for Vael...man that was fun times on our first attempts before we got him.

We got him down to 50% last night, but the adds end up whipping us.:hmm: So what's the strat?

[Ci]Mazza

Trigger Me Baby!
Mar 5, 2000
England
Visit site
You've just got to take him out fast. If you get more than one sons spawn then you'll be looking at a wipe.

Ranged has to collapse away from their attacking positions and get to the south with the tanks who aren't on rag getting infront of them. Your MT and his healers have to stay up at rag until he dives otherwise he'll start making with the huge nukes. Keep ranged out of that mana burning aura, make sure you've got an MA to pick the target and pound the sons down asap.

Rag comes back up and you've really got to go all out to down him before he dives again and you get more sons because they do drain you quite heavily.

Shock6822

Cock of the Walk
Jul 2, 2000
That way ->
BillyBadAss said:
We got him down to 50% last night, but the adds end up whipping us.:hmm: So what's the strat?

Get him below 50% before Sons...practice collapsing for Sons when they come, that's where most have problems. Start farming mats for fire prot pots and flasks if you need to...it's mostly gear though. Your DPS needs to stay alive at all costs, especially rogues, your people can avoid knockbacks if high enough FR or played correct. Our rogue groups are usually 1 warr, 1 pally, 1 priest, 2 rogues. But yeah...once you get the sons down well, it's honestly a matter of gear. I still feel Domo is a harder fight than Rag, because Rag is much more gear than coordination based during the fight. Good luck man, you should have him down within a few weeks. And make sure your healers don't get mana burned by the sons at any cost.

Edit: The first time we attempted him and killed him successfully I might add, we got him down to 21% before Sons which is ridiculously good, but we were packing flasks for our main group and a couple dps and fire pots for everyone. Once you can get him near or below 50% before Sons come and do Sons well, it'll be a cakewalk with the flasks/pots...we're at the point where we don't use them anymore though, you'll reach that point too.

Last edited:

[Ci]Mazza

Trigger Me Baby!
Mar 5, 2000
England
Visit site
phatcat said:
HIGHLY SUGGESTED!!!

After you get to RAG, all of the Melee and 2 priests need to head to UBRS.
The casters at the entrance of the instance can be mindcontroled and have a 1hr FR buff of 80! If you are going to seriously attempt RAG, get the buff!

The fight is generally cake with a bit of FR on the tanks and this buff. Hard cap for resists is 320ish and it's quite easy to hit if you do what phat suggested.

BillyBadAss

Strong Cock of The North
May 25, 1999
Tokyo, JP
flickr.com
Cool I will pass the word to my guild. In the mean time I give you this. :lol:

20060123h.jpg

Shock6822

Cock of the Walk
Jul 2, 2000
That way ->
phatcat said:
HIGHLY SUGGESTED!!!

After you get to RAG, all of the Melee and 2 priests need to head to UBRS.
The casters at the entrance of the instance can be mindcontroled and have a 1hr FR buff of 80! If you are going to seriously attempt RAG, get the buff!

We've never used it...takes too much time and shards and crap, and remember Rag is on a 2 hour timer before he despawns.

dapngwnman

is a gamer
Mar 19, 2001
NYC
Heh. My guild allied with another guild, and even though 20 of our group had less than 100 FR, we took down Rag 3rd try. Was pretty cool. Cept I didn't win transcendence leggings :(

BillyBadAss

Strong Cock of The North
May 25, 1999
Tokyo, JP
flickr.com
We dropped Rag too tonight for the first time!!!\o/ The first time we went we were just testing the water, and then our first real attempt we got him down to 1%. Talk about horse ****, but the second time we pwned him in his firey poophole.:D

[screenshot]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a352/chickenium/WoWScrnShot_020406_010639.jpg[/screenshot]

Last edited:

Shock6822

Cock of the Walk
Jul 2, 2000
That way ->
Any mana users or healres in patricular, you need to get the Darkmoon Beasts deck (Blue Dragon card...mana regen). It procs SO MUCH....I finally turned in my deck after missing out on last month's faire by a day, and wow. At one point it proc'd on 3 straight spellcasts....2% my ass :p No more innervates needed on me :D (they're usually on me since I'm MT healer)

[Ci]Mazza

Trigger Me Baby!
Mar 5, 2000
England
Visit site
Make my last post on Nef by Monday :D

We splattered Chromaggus all over the walls and spent most of last night trying to take out the 40 mobs to get Nef to come out and play.

Shock6822

Cock of the Walk
Jul 2, 2000
That way ->
[Ci]Mazza said:
Make my last post on Nef by Monday :D

We splattered Chromaggus all over the walls and spent most of last night trying to take out the 40 mobs to get Nef to come out and play.

Grats man :) Told you all it was smooth sailing after Vael :p

[Ci]Mazza

Trigger Me Baby!
Mar 5, 2000
England
Visit site
Yeah once we cracked Vael we just blasted through the rest of the dungeon. We've spent the weekend getting mats for flasks and picking up every little item that can buff us in some little way for a serious shot at Nef tomorrow night.

Hopefully we'll drop the bugger :)

TossMonkey

brown bread?
Sep 4, 2001
Great Britain.
quakeguy.tumblr.com
I'm making attempts at Zul Gurub at the moment... jesus it's hard. Got all the way to the bat priest with a PuG and she totally annihilated us... we got her down to 20% on the first go but on the second we had a few drop outs and couldn't get her to 60%.

If you ever hit ZG without knowing anything to begin with then heres a nice piece of advice, the bat riders explode around 20% causing around 3 to 4 thousand damage to anything in the radius, melee is impossible at around 50%. Also if you get 4 or 5 adds you're almost guarantee'd a wipe unless you're with really good people.