1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

World of Tanks

Discussion in 'Games' started by SkaarjMaster, Dec 13, 2012.

1. SkaarjMaster

SkaarjMaster enemy of time

Anyone play this one? I just started getting into it over the past 2 months. It's very different from the UT series, but it's fun!

2. evilgrins

evilgrins God of Fudge

Never heard of it. Got a link?

3. Feralidragon

Feralidragon UT n00b coder

Played it, it was ok for a while until I found out it was a "pay to win" game <caugh>gold ammo</caugh>.
    It's really annoying to get a huge direct disadvantage only because someone bought straight up upgrades that you can never get for free, no matter the amount of skill you have.
    Got immediately uninstalled, I despise p2w games.

4. SkaarjMaster

guess what my name is there;)

It's still fun to play.:) I don't buy anything for it though. Although, they don't explain that you can use convert experience at times without exchanging it for gold ($). Here's a link:
    http://worldoftanks.com/ (the newest upgrade - 8.2 - was released today)

5. tomcat ha

tomcat ha Well-Known Member

ive recently picked it up again. It seems balance got slanted more towards p2w but ive still been able to make a decent amount of kills in battles. its still fun for now though.

6. TWD

TWD Cute and Cuddly

Never played it, but the MechWarrior Online folks talk about it a lot. So if you like WOT, you should try MWO.

7. Festering Anus

Festering Anus Cheeto Hans

Waiting for World of Warships

8. Firefly

Firefly United Kingdom is not a country.

world of warcrafts

9. Kyllian

Kyllian if (Driver == Bot.Pawn); bGTFO=True;

My old clan was massively into it last year or so, a select group participated in a tourney and I think they got to go to Russia for the finals

My thoughts on the game were mostly "Meh"

10. N1ghtmare

N1ghtmare Sweet Dreams

When it comes to WWII I look for more realism and WOT has nearly no basis in reality.

11. SkaarjMaster

That's why I like it; it's Unreal.;) Now if they could just make it so you can't hurt your teammates and get rid of the draw battles, then it would be perfect.:)

12. Feralidragon

Feralidragon UT n00b coder

And about the pay to win side of it? Doesn't it bother you at all? o:

13. N1ghtmare

N1ghtmare Sweet Dreams

Eh, I stick to Darkest Hour. Its a Western front mod for Red Orchestra that has much improved on the tank code and has realistic penetration values and actual teamwork.

14. tomcat ha

this bothers me somewhat but they at least kept that fairly balanced in the past, but it seems that after my break the balance got a bit worse.

15. SkaarjMaster

right now I only have light tanks, so I can get slaughtered at times from nowhere but I can also get my licks on. I did almost knock over a tank the other night flying down and hill and almost flipped him over into the water......that was fun!;)

16. SkaarjMaster

...and make it so you don't start all over with a capture just because you get hit in the circle....that's pretty ridiculous....I mean, you're still in the circle and alive!:eek:

17. SkaarjMaster

...and why does my team seem to lose more than win....I almost always seem to be on the losing team for some odd reason (although I did win 6 in a row once).

18. Hadmar

Hadmar Queen Bitch of the Universe

I played that for a couple of weeks and I stopped because the grind for better tank tiers gets pretty bad (there are ways to accelerate that if you pay money). Also the balancing is utterly horrible. I had gaming sessions where I fought tanks 4 tiers above me almost all the time. No way to do jackshit if you don't even scratch them and they one-hit you all the time.

19. tomcat ha

back when i originally played the last few tiers of light tanks ended up in games with a lot of higher tied tanks. It seems they dropped this.
    The bt2 is also still one of the most fun tanks to play with...

20. Hadmar

Hadmar Queen Bitch of the Universe

I don't know about now but I stopped playing not long after they introduced the British tanks and it was a problem then.