Work so far and Mutators

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

[Lithium]

Aug 19, 2004
Waterloo, Canada
I'm happy to hear that you guys are trying so hard to stay 100% true to the XMP gameplay by not adding anything new or changing things. I like the XMP gameplay and game pace the way it is.
I saw the game movie and it looks like you guys really hit the nail on the head with this one, so I'm very optomistic and I'm really looking forward to this. You guys are definatly going to give me a reason to buy a copy of UT2k4.
Prehaps though there could be mutators that would allow newer UT2k4 improvement in the game however to give XMP a new edge. There are going to be new players comming out from UT2k4 to try this mod and I'd hate to see them dissapointed because the game is frustratingly lacking cool new UT2k4 features. Things like turret zoom-in (when I first started playing XMP in the demo I often though of how cool and useful it would be to have zoom on the turrets). As well as work on some new vehicles (add and balance some of the new UT2k4 vehicles).
I'd love to start some work on mutators like this if it's is possible at this time. I'm not experienced in programming for UT, but I have a lot of working knowlege with C++ and Java and I'm sure it's not increadably hard to learn.

Pro^Kp

[DCSB]Callisto/Talon|Se7eN
Jan 24, 2004
well U-Script is Just a mix of C++ and Java Anyway m8.

washuu

A Lazy XMP Beta Tester
Oct 18, 2003
Minnesota
www.washuu.org
Actually for Unreal Script... I'm pretty sure its the javas, "easy to learn", c++'s "works well" parts.... since it isn't that large of a language, and I have seen so many mutators that work!