1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

WMDs in 45 Minutes or Your Money Back - Blair Lied & I Want My Money Back

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by jaunty, Jan 28, 2004.

1. jaunty

jaunty If you disagree with me, you're wrong.

Nothing like an Iraq thread to drag the neo-con "libertarian" troglodytes out of their caves. Lets see how this one fares.

From one of the best papers on the planet: http://www.guardian.co.uk/guardianpolitics/story/0,3605,1131973,00.html

So there you have it. Yet more conveniently shoddy intelligence work. But hey, we found Saddam's WMD and now he can't use them on anybody so I guess the whole war was justif... oh wait.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2004
  2. anaemic

anaemic she touch your penis?

but jaunty dont you see, wasnt it worth the war so that just for one day the women of iraq could be free from oppression from thei... oh wait

3. DarkBls

DarkBls Inf Ex-admin

Stop being naive.
    War are for money/power. NOTHING else.

The irak campaign was an investiment for the future.
    If you will talk about the France position in this thread, let me give you an early answer: We didn't have the money to follow.

4. jaunty

Sarcasm, motherfucker. Do you speak it?

5. Wolf Being

Wolf Being .

:lol: Classic.

6. SaraP

SaraP New Member

No, you didn't because Saddam bribed you.

http://washingtontimes.com/upi-brea...94014-7323r.htm

7. Wolf Being

Wolf Being .

Your link is dynamic SaraP, but I suppose you meant this:

Oh dear. What a total surprise that is.

This is fun. Instead of arguing, let's all just collect our favorite wire-service reports.

8. Doc_EDo

Doc_EDo LEFT

So now the
    theory is the current propaganda?

That's a stupid theory simply because Iraqi scientists said they didnt have weapons after AND before the war. Also who would dare to lie to Saddam? All scientists were watched and spied on by Saddam's loyalists. Whoever did that got killed and his family got life in jail. There's no chance they would DARE to lie to Saddam. Get real. Stop listening to Bush's lies.

It was Saddam himself who decided to destroy the WMD's so no one would use them against him, but at the same time kept appearance of having them so his enemies would be affraid of him.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2004
  9. jaunty

Prove that or shutup.

10. jaunty

I've gotta sit and wonder about what's worse. On the one hand, there's taking a bribe to stay out of a war, or even campaign to stop a war. On the flipside, there's the war profiteering from the US a couple of decades ago which created the pretext for the war now, which is being used to profiteer.

Bribe to stop war... War to profiteer.

No war. War for money.

I think I know which one is worse.

11. Harry_C

Harry_C Getting old ... and drunk

Saddam didn't bribe DarkBls, or myself ...
    You are generalizing the fact that a former french minister might (not proven yet) have been bribed by a dictator in order to gain some political support.
    Which, if true, is not very surprizing (at least from my point of view).

And the rest may be true too.
    Greed is not a feature you can attach to a country.

12. masamax

masamax Spoon

I don't think any government that has been involved with Iraq over the past 20 years can claim any sort of moral high ground. The USA provided money, Europe provided money, hell, probably even Canada provided some money. Governments on a whole can be trusted to be completely untrustable, so it's not like this is some epiphany.

I just wish some of the people on this board would start realizing the difference between someone who lives in a country and the government of that country. Apparently we are all responsible for the shady dealings of our governments.

13. Nightmare

Nightmare Only human

Someone has to be responsible. If the politicians aren't responsible for their actions then who is? Perhaps it's their employers, the people, for not making sure the greedy bastards stay honest?

It is an idea we use already when dealing with certain 3rd world countries. Embargoes punish ordinary people for the actions of their leaders, who are seldom democratically elected. So what's to make citizens in a democracy LESS responsible for what their leaders do?

Yeah, yeah, I'm just being contrary. :D

14. SaraP

SaraP New Member

As a general rule, it's safe to assume politicians are guilty until proven innocent. Besides, something's fishy when the French stand up for anything instead of just whining.

15. DamienW

DamienW I'm no stranger to sarcasm, sir

Fuck you, bitch.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2004
  16. SaraP

SaraP New Member

No thanks, I only date within my own species.

17. Keganator

Keganator White as Snow Moderator

Stow the personal insults. This is a forum for debate, not for flaming. If you have a point, prove it. ( The rest is for IRC ;) )

Last edited: Jan 29, 2004
  18. DarkBls

DarkBls Inf Ex-admin

I though bestiality was forbidden in your country ? o_O

Keg is right. This thread lead nowhere.
    I think this thread will be closed in an immediate future.

19. masamax

masamax Spoon

Sara P, you aren't winning any points by being a bitch. Instead of trying to further your own anti-francophone agenda in every post regarding international matters, try to add to it, non?

In any case, people should be responsible to a degree to what their politicians do, but many of the worst things don't come out till after said politician's career is over, buried under miles of red tape and beauracracy. Unfortunately, the only method people have to deal with these people is in elections, and those only come around after a period of several years. Although it's hypocritical of some western nations to be holding the people of a country accountable through things like sanctions, I find it repulsive the attitude of some people who take an ultra-nationalistic stance on anything their country does. Some of the things SaraP says, among others (including non-americans) is INCREDIBLY racist. I don't understand how anyone of their right mind can make comments that are so disgustingly broad that they encompass every person in a nation. I could say EVERY american is a racist because of my experience with SaraP, but I know better. In fact, from the way SaraP acts I am fairly certain her attitudes are just rhetoric that she is repeating; things she was taught, because I know lots of french people and anyone who has anything more then a passing relationship with more then a few people of race can hardly make themselves qualified to make statements about that entire race. I have met french *******s, and french nice people. There are a few things I'd like to say about certain french people (ever been to Montreal, damn some of the service you get there is the ****!) but I won't even say that. Even by saying "Montrealers are *******s" is complete BS. Have I met every person in Montreal? No.

Just for the love of god stop making yourselves look like complete morons. I have seen smarter arguments at an elementary school.

20. DamienW

DamienW I'm no stranger to sarcasm, sir

That's basically what i wanted to say, Masamax. :tup: to you. But since SaraP has already shown that elaborate arguments are wasted on her, i just went to the point. She likes when things are simple and to the point, if i remember correctly.