1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Wireless router troubles

Discussion in 'Hardware, Software & Troubleshooting' started by Rubix3k1, Aug 10, 2008.

1. Rubix3k1

Rubix3k1 New Member

ok, here's the low down. I've got two computers, two sepperate bedrooms. computer #1 has the cable modem and wireless router. in the other room is my computer. when we first got comcast a few months ago, everything was great, fast as it could be, recently, things have been going sluggish on my end and cant even play games online. just as an example, a bit ago i ran speedtest.net on computer #1 and it was like 4mb download rate and around 1.4 upload.
    my computer gets around 350kb/s and about the same upload. also
    even my signal strength is weak as a limp noodle, i get like 1 bar. it makes no sense, the room is like 15ft away.

what could be the problem(s)?

2. Hunter

Hunter BeyondUnreal Newsie

any chance of a neighbough of someone changing the settings and limited connection speed for the wireless?

Try restoring the default settings for the wireless router?

3. Leonardo

Leonardo Old fart on top the mountain.....

Maybe the wifi might be starting to flail on you? That happens too. Maybe have a friend that has another wifi router swing by and hook up to see what type of speed you get when that one is connected to see if it is consistant. If it is? Has anything changed in the 2 rooms ? Moved the pc someplace else within the room? near a metal grating or someplace that might have some inside wiring nearby?

4. Rubix3k1

Rubix3k1 New Member

thisis lame. just last night i was getting
    URL=http://www.speedtest.net][​IMG][/URL]

now this morning. URL=http://www.speedtest.net][​IMG][/URL]

5. Rubix3k1

Rubix3k1 New Member

ok apparently maybe it was a fluke.
    still seems fine [​IMG]