1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

UT2kX [WIP] Wicked (Quake Live)

Discussion in 'Content Releases' started by UT2kxPartyBoy, Aug 9, 2013.

1. UT2kxPartyBoy

UT2kxPartyBoy Third world user

Final Download

================================================================

(Note: this is my progress for 3 weeks, copy/pasted from another thread)

========

July 16

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=qxkNPOGPiE4[/M]

This is me trying to port Quake Live FxR|Jude's map "Wicked" to Unreal Tournament 2004 . . .

I'm using GLXtractor (a GUI for OGLE), to capture 3D geometric data from an OpenGL application . . .

The first part is the resulting .OBJ from capture, the second part is the cleanliness I had to do, take me almost 4 hours . . .

UnrealArgentina.com

[​IMG] [​IMG]

========

July 20

Added some detail...

[M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0lPbUv1t_g[/M]

========

July 22

Texturing completed, ready to export...

[M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVIH8cwLXFw[/M]​

========

July 24

Already in the editor . . .

[​IMG] [​IMG]

========

July 28

BETA 1 . . .

[M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joABdbuaqGY[/M]

[M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7WY1Hhf22g[/M]​

========

July 30

[​IMG] [​IMG]

========

August 1

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

========

August 9

BETA 4 . . .

Known bugs

• Teleporter thing (is not a bug), I have yet to read this

To do

• Pathing fine tuning (Jump Spots)
    • Sounds effects (Textures)

[M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YQU8QdE8Ac[/M]​

Last edited: Aug 17, 2013
  2. UT2kxPartyBoy

Well, if anyone is interested, this is the RC1, I discarded the projectile teleporters and jump pads, they don't work online, maybe in the future, I want to release this . . .

Known bugs

• None

To do

• None

Release Candidate 1 Download

Notes

Please delete these files:

UltimateMappingTools - Readme.txt
    DWeather-smesh.usx
    UltimateMappingTools.u
    UltimateMappingTools_Tex.utx

3. UT2kxPartyBoy

4. UT2kxPartyBoy

Fixed

• Teleporters

Release Candidate 3 Download

Notes

After some coding, teleporters works how they should . . .

(I'm not using the YawTeleporter)

Next release will be the last . . .

5. UT2kxPartyBoy

[MAP] DM-PB-Wicked

[M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HwMQXy9r3A[/M]

Code:
    ==================================================  ==================================================  ================
    DM-PB-Wicked
    ==================================================  ==================================================  ================

Game         : Unreal Tournament 2004
    Level name      : Wicked
    File name         : DM-PB-Wicked.ut2
    Version         : Final
    Release date      : 2013/08/17
    Game type      : Deathmatch
    Player count      : 1 to 4
    Single Player      : Yes
    Multiplayer      : Yes
    New Actors      : Yes
    New Music      : Yes
    New Sounds      : Yes
    New Static Meshes   : Yes
    New Textures      : Yes

Author         : Pablo "Party Boy" Perugino
    Webpage         : www.UnrealArgentina.com
    Mail            : ut2kxpartyboy@gmail.com

Know bugs

• In OpenGL the camera doesn't work, is a limitation of the game itself

Construction

Software      : GLXtractor, Photoshop CS6, 3DS Max 2013, UnrealEd 3.0
    Hardware      : Intel Core i7 920, Asus P6T, OCZ Platinum 3 x 2 GB DDR3 1.6 GHz, Samsung Spinpoint F3 2 x
               500 GB 16 MB, Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 5870, CoolerMaster Silent Pro Modular 600 W,
               CoolerMaster CM-690, CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Plus
    Time         : A month
    Base         : A 3D capture

Installation

Un7z 'DM-PB-Wicked.txt' to your UT2004 'Help' directory
    Un7z 'DM-PB-Wicked.ut2' to your UT2004 'Maps' directory
    Un7z 'Campgrounds.ogg' to your UT2004 'Music' directory
    Un7z 'QuakeLiveS01.uax' to your UT2004 'Sounds' directory
    Un7z 'QuakeLiveSM01.usx' to your UT2004 'StaticMeshes' directory
    Un7z 'QuakeLiveT01.utx' to your UT2004 'Textures' directory

Other content by author

• ParallaxSkyZoneInfo.u

• CTF-NeWoot-V2.ut2
    • CTF-UTeros-Cavern2k4-v2.ut2

Description

FxR|Jude's Quake Live map port

Commentary

I started playing Quake Live and I quickly wanted to port some maps, starting with a small one to get me off the
    rust

Thanks to

Ciborg Yuri, Darky, El Che, Gabochoox, Hanzo, Pastel, Petraka, and the ashes of the Unreal Argentina community
    Great Emerald, Unreal Loco, Beltamaxx and his players of SoL}Denver Server, and the ashes of the Epic Games
    community

Special Thanks to

• FxR|Jude for his Quake Live map
    • EyeBeam Research for OGLE, an OpenGL 3D extracting tool
    • Alexander Kaspar for GLXtractor, a graphical interface for OGLE
    • (Maybe the StalwartXL mapper ?) for his KBCameraTextureClient actor that works online
    • Crusha K. Rool for his NetworkImportanceVolume actor that makes possible capture actors with the camera that are
      outside the field of view of the player

Copyrights/permissions

This level is copyrighted by Pablo "Party Boy" Perugino, 2013.

Authors MAY not use this level as a base to build additional levels.

You are NOT allowed to commercially exploit this level, i.e. put it on a CD or any other electronic medium that is
    sold for money without my explicit permission!

You MAY distribute this BSP through any electronic network, provided you include
    this file and leave the archive intact.

Please ASK permission before using content in this map for your own projects. Chances are I will say yes but I would
    like to keep track of where they are used. Thanks.

UNREAL TOURNAMENT 2004 (c)2004 Epic Games, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Distributed by GT Interactive Software,
    Inc. under license. UNREAL TOURNAMENT 2004 and the UNREAL TOURNAMENT 2004 logo are registered trademarks of Epic
    Games, Inc. All other trademarks and trade names are properties of their respective owners.

Final Download