Windows-No Disk..... <--- what?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

MrSmiles

selimsrm
Jan 8, 2005
Swizzle Firma
winnodsk.png

so far it only happens when i drag music files from one hard drive to itunes

i have 4 hdd's itunes is installed on C:\ and the music is on G:\
any help with this it pops up a few dozen times and i have to click cancel everytime

and let's not start an itunes sucks, use winamp

Rukee

Coffee overclocks the overclocker!!
May 15, 2001
Over here!!!
Visit site
Could just be a bad drive, I have 4 bad CD-ROM drives here will not read CDs when they are installed no matter which rig I put the drives into, and the DVD-RW drive in the laptop just started to read only half the CD`s I put in there, and won`t read any driver or game CD unless I copy it first. Anyone have a new CD-ROM drive for a laptop laying around??

Crowze

Bird Brain
Feb 6, 2002
Cambridgeshire, UK
www.dan-roberts.co.uk
Rukee, you'll have to be more specific on make/model, there's no one-size-fits all for laptops - unless of course you get a USB drive, which is probably your best option.

MrSmiles, try mounting the disk you are copying from as a different drive letter. I had all sorts of trouble wehn Windows assigned the same drive letter to a memory card and a network drive, it could be a similar issue.

Rukee

Coffee overclocks the overclocker!!
May 15, 2001
Over here!!!
Visit site
The laptop CD drive is a JVC Lite on model # LSC-24081M
I`ve tryed to change the DIP switch in the back from auto, to slave, to master, no difference.

Syri

Who are you calling short?
Aug 18, 2000
Nottingham, England
looks like the drive holding the itunes music library might be in trouble. try disabling the option to automatically manage the music library, so it will just link to the current location, and see if that helps. if not, try running a surface scan on the hdds (either right click drive -> tools -> disk check, and tick the scan for bad sectors option or just type "chkdsk /r" in a command prompt)
pretty decent way of finding out if a hard disk is failing
or if you have smart capability on the hdd, get everest, as it can check the smart status and show if it's had any failures at all.
oh, and make sure there's no paths in your itunes preferences that point to any removable disks that aren't in

_Lynx

Strategic Military Services
Staff member
Dec 5, 2003
Moscow, Russia
beyondunreal.com
This prblem is usually caused by the software that for ome dumb reason thinks that it really needs to read something off the CD. Program kick the explorer.exe which actually stucks at that. Fixed by either killing the explorer.exe and the process that wants the CD or by putting ANY CD in the drive. I bet that in your case the cause of the problem is iTunes. If there's some option that enables searching music on your compuer turn it off. That should help.